What did you do to your pool today?

I have 5 flower beds and a, for lack of better term, tree bed.

I have a row of trees down the left fence line that doesnt get more than about 2 hours of sun. Grass wont grow there. Just a few weeds... so I put mulch under the trees so it wont be so ugly. This is the first year Ive done that... man... that was way more work than I thought it would be too.. I had to make 2 trips to Home Depot. My truck wont hold that many bags of mulch.

You must have a lot of flowerbeds!!

No way im swimming yet. 69 last I checked. No sir!

We get cedar mulch delivered by the yard by a dump truck from the gravel/rock store. That gets rid of the first half of the work. Kids take care of the second half. :) not.

6 am found me skimming a literal floating blanket of maple droppings from the evil maple tree (had actually clogged my skimmer basket overnight and filled the PoolSkim sock).
I love spring in Michigan ;)

However, not complaining as (thanks to heater) had two great swim/float days this weekend. Let summer begin!

Replaced Polaris 360 hose after getting tired of nursing the original hose along in its 8th year. Continued lowering pH; hoping to reach goal with next treatment. Solar cover brought temp up to 66F. Stuck ankles in pool!. Earliest we've ever been in the pool!.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Geez, woodyp, you give that poor dog grief!! But I have a sneaky feeling that when no one is looking, you're rubbing his ears and sneaking food and sips of beer to him (her?)!!!

You don't fool me!! Give the dog a pat for me. Suz.

He's been known to get a few doughnuts tossed his way, along with ice cream and eggs he likes cooked HIS way (with cheese). Daughter is mad for me fattening him up! He's in Hound Heaven around here.

We decided on liner color!!! talked with installer about measuring, picked trim colors for skimmers, bullets, and drains.
side note: Latham puts serial numbers on their liners, usually on deep end

That's great but what color/pattern did you choose ??

I decided to finish removing the cover, of course then it had to be dried, folded, and put in its storage bag.Then I had to brush and vac cause it just looked nasty. Ordered gray skimmer faceplate covers, lids, and eyeball fittings. I went to the pool store for a new backwash hose so I can run the water farther down the yard. General cleaning around pool. I think I'll take a day to rest tomorrow.

Premier Vinyl Liners, Sydney/Gold Pebble

Would like to see how that looks with water in it ??

Attachments

• Sydney_GoldPebble1_180x237.jpg
    Sydney_GoldPebble1_180x237.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 63
Had a mess when I left this morning. Wild thunderstorms last night. Tons of shredded and clustered leaves. Raked a little, put in Robie for the rest. Double duty tonight & tomorrow for him. Caught 1.5" of rain though, so that's a great thing. Chems tomorrow, but warm water still seems a little distant.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support