What did you do to your pool today?

@GDN - Here's a pic right after it was filled. I don't have a single pic of it with all the features going! :eek: I need to rectify that.

For my landscape/path lighting, I wanted all dark sky compliant lights. Those minimize the amount of light that is projected upwards. It is a nicer type of lighting, IMO.

Here is my build thread. New Pool in Broken Arrow OK There are more pics in there. There are 5 bubblers, 3 deck jets, 3 scuppers and they all have a dedicated line ran to the pad. That is the biggest bunch of the pipes. The IFCS adds a little complexity but most of that plumbing is hidden, can just see the zone valves.

Full pool1.JPG

--Jeff

Reactions: GDN
@GDN - Here's a pic right after it was filled. I don't have a single pic of it with all the features going! :eek: I need to rectify that.

For my landscape/path lighting, I wanted all dark sky compliant lights. Those minimize the amount of light that is projected upwards. It is a nicer type of lighting, IMO.

Here is my build thread. New Pool in Broken Arrow OK There are more pics in there. There are 5 bubblers, 3 deck jets, 3 scuppers and they all have a dedicated line ran to the pad. That is the biggest bunch of the pipes. The IFCS adds a little complexity but most of that plumbing is hidden, can just see the zone valves.

View attachment 316772

--Jeff
SHow us a picture of your completed Equipment Pad. Thanks.

EDIT - I found it on link #43 of your original pool build. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
@HermanTX - I just realized I haven't ever gone back and updated my build to include the finished patio area and my reworked-reworked equipment pad.

Here is a pic of the equipment pad as it sits now. I removed the UV cannister and installed the IntellipH in its place. While I was doing that I added a heater bypass loop. I also added a bypass around the IFCS so that I can turn it on/off if I don't want to have the heads popping up while swimming, and painted everything up for a little more UV protection and to make it look nicer.

Now to go update my build thread!

Thanks,

--Jeff

Attachments

• Equipment Pad OCT 2020.JPG
    Equipment Pad OCT 2020.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: HermanTX
I spent yesterday digging a 4' x 2' hole to make a pad for pump and filter. The old owners just had the pump and filter sitting in the dirt loose. I added some paver base but did not pick up enough. Back to home depot tonight and try to wrap this up this week. Still toying with whether I want to hard pipe it all this year. I may just do the filter to the pump and see how that goes.

@Flying Tivo, your pool is one of my all time favorites!

I tested to make sure my second round of salt got me where I want to be, then turned on my SWG! I also squoze (@Newdude) my CYA sock (I add both salt and CYA in stages rather than all at once). And I checked Ms. Mingo the thermometer to see if there is any chance of getting in this weekend. 76 degrees, um, no! I need at least 10 more degrees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I peeked under the safety cover. The NE corner that gets more sun was open water & I could see down to the deep end. A little murky but that is because of the mesh cover. The south side safety cover which only now lost it's snow & ice build up is frozen to a large ice burg. I tapped the cover with the rubber end of my leaf rake and sure enough its frozen under there.

New skimmer net, tested, hung another CYA sock, cleaned out Junior, checked water temp (only 70).

Beautiful day here in IL. Pumped off the cover and took it off. Water is perfectly clean but quite a bit of evaporation. Filling it now but will put the cover back on. Will hook up the pump in a few weeks. Just wanted to get a jump on the cleaning. So happy with the water 😊

Reactions: bmoreswim
Took off the winter cover, cleaned pool, adjusted chems and enjoyed the view. Unpacked a 6-pack of new chaise lounges.

Reactions: Snoobug
I pumped off the water from the snow a few weeks back that took almost 10 hours. Today I scrubbed the dirt of the cover, tomorrow I'll roll it all the why back.

First year Just a little antsy.

V5i1zVgZS%i1q7U7lMaFcw.jpg

@Matt F 3 So much fun your first spring! You can decrease your pump off time dramatically by using a blue flexible vacuum hose on the output of your cover pump instead of garden hose. Much less restriction and more volume. You just have to get the right connection to make it work. I figured that out after about 6 years.

I added a second bag of salt to my pool today. I added one a couple of days ago but the salt was still reading a little low. That's the first salt that I've added since the initial salt when the pool was built in Aug 2018.
We've got several children visiting right now and are getting a lot of splash out compared to normal (old man) usage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support