What did you do to your pool today?

Well, I’ve never waited this long, but I am finally opening this week since finding a good supply of bleach in bulk and jug forms from a new builder supplier in town. I was planning on dichlor powder and water changes later on, but looks like we escaped that hassle.

sigh............puppies.............do you know about "bitter apple"? It is a NASTY tasting spray for things like this.........just know some dogs DO.NOT.CARE so test it on something you don't want anymore just in case he is one of those.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
900400F6-D89E-49B8-8A96-0B94F97B08AD.jpeg

Dug out some rocks & put down some wood in preparation for a concrete pour. I’ve always wanted a real pad. Since I’m replacing my MPV and pump and adding an SWG I was going to have to redo the plumbing. Figured this was the perfect time. Hopefully I’m done by memorial day!

Reactions: kimkats
Opened the pool in upstate NY. It's been an awful spring and the weather doesn't look like it's going to get any better soon, but it was beautiful today so I said why not. Pumped off the cover made it way easier to the point I took it off alone with zero spillage. Water was Crystal clear with only one frog and a bunch of worms. 8ppm fc. Ran the hose all day to get the level up, vacuumed, and the kids jumped in (and then straight to the hot tub, pool was 51°). Salt is low but won't be warm enough for swg for a while at this rate. Hopefully I can find enough bleach to keep it going.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_121850.jpg
    IMG_20200502_121850.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ugh. with bleach shortage I've been using trichlor tabs and filtering 24/7 waiting to warm up enough for SWG to kick on and get pool opened. skimmers looked clean. Removed cover yesterday and lots of fine silt which completely opaqued the pool when sweeping/polaris. worse and worse all night. pool water return are dirty! Opened DE filter and indeed a cracked manifold :( ordered parts, replaced pool cover, now running pump with filter bypassed as the SWG has at least kicked on. 19yr old FNSP48 filter. reboot next week!

• Sad
101 outside today, 86 in the pool. Today I did not drink too much....yet. ;)
I challenged elder son who usually uses goggles, due to being in others pools when swimming under water, to not use them and take a dip under the water. To quote him "First time in forever that my eyes don't sting! How did you do that?"
Answer: "I am your father and am all knowing" :)
Left out the "with help part" ;)

• Love
Today we turned our SWG on for the first time. It's been running for 4 hours. I cannot wait to test the FC later today! It's barely "warm" enough to generate yet, but it's generating. I am very happy to have a solution to the chlorine shortage. We should have gone this way years ago. We are making our own chlorine!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support