What did you do to your pool today?

Backwashed the filter, threw Jack (S50) in, and turned on the heater. I'm planning on having pizza delivered to the back yard tonight because when I get back from driving to/from downtown Minneapolis in rush hour traffic this afternoon, I plan spending ALL evening floating around in the pool de-stressing.

Hubby and son got the steps for the outside of the pool put together, all it needs is the last handrail and we can get in! Tested water, all ok, TA down to 80 after addn of dry acid to lower it. Pool pH is 7.1, up from 6.8, due to aeration. May have to add a tiny bit of borax, we'll wait and see if pH recovers naturally.

May get to swim tomorrow!

Last edited:
Looks like they were practicing their underwater swimming in the skimmer basket and got tired. They looked peaceful.

These may have been the two bunnies that I saw a week or so ago. They were playing the cutest game. One would charge at the other and the second one would jump up and the first one would go right under. They did this like 8 times in a row.

• Haha
Reactions: pooldv and Casey
Looks like they were practicing their underwater swimming in the skimmer basket and got tired. They looked peaceful.

These may have been the two bunnies that I saw a week or so ago. They were playing the cutest game. One would charge at the other and the second one would jump up and the first one would go right under. They did this like 8 times in a row.
Oh well. It happens. I saw a baby bunny this morning on the neighbor's side walk while I was vacuuming the pool.

Spent the day dodging thunderstorms, so I went nowhere near my pool. :cry: Had to think of indoor games for the grandkids to play without electronics. I am now exhausted!.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Added water as the rains have gone away. No more large fauna in the skimmers today. CSI has gone positive so I'll add some MA tonight. Time for a night swim now that hot weather is here.

Reactions: Casey
Did my daily water arobics, swam some lengths, floated around on raft, ran all water tests, brushed the tanning ledge, scrubbed the waterline, ran the robot. I live in my pool, can’t get enough of it. Oh and got some work done sitting pool side with my computer. Just a storm blow threw, going out now to skim and blow off the deck so it’s ready for another day tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Added water as the rains have gone away. No more large fauna in the skimmers today. CSI has gone positive so I'll add some MA tonight. Time for a night swim now that hot weather is here.
Added! And not taken out? That’s a first for the season. My water line is right below the midline of my tile. I’m holding to see if we get any rain tomorrow.

Added! And not taken out? That’s a first for the season. My water line is right below the midline of my tile. I’m holding to see if we get any rain tomorrow.
My pool is self-draining. A little more than I would like but oh well. The end that is lowered for the autocover loses water on each big splash. It loses more the higher the water level is.

A quick downpour added back what the dogs dragged out today. Floated until my watch stared buzzing for the thunderstorm warning. Good thing when you fall asleep.

Changed hairnets. Covered in hair!

I briefly looked at it as I walked out of the house in uniform thinking it'd be a great day to be in a bikini. Instead I'm in prison for the rest of the day. :(

Happy 4th of July my TFP Family. Enjoy your pools today and be safe!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support