What did you do to your pool today?

I feel like this one done with my set up too. How can I check confirm that? Just learning all these things now. Thanks!

Open up the high voltage panel and take a look at the Pump relay, probably the leftmost one. If the pump's power wires are connected to the Load side of the relay, you can simply move them to the Line side, bypassing the relay. With the power off, of course, at the circuit breaker. If you have a SWG, that needs to stay under control of the relay.

I netted leaves, and netted leaves and netted leaves. It's that time of the year in my part of the planet. I'll be netting leaves every day for the next 3 weeks. :(

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. It was 40-50 mph winds this weekend and leaves on leaves on leaves.

Misplaced (did I or someone else?) my TFKits CYA Test kit. It was a brand new refill too!!! Haven’t tested since October. Should be ok, I know my pool pretty well by now. Xmas gift idea. ;)

Looked out the window and wished I had a dome and heater. I can almost see myself on a float with a hot chocolate relaxing just enjoying the water. Back to reality, it's 17 deg out, the pool is a block of ice and I have to bundle up some as I have yard work to do.
At least I haven't had to fire up the snowblower yet. :party:

My remote-control twin-screw battleship didn't make it all the way through last season, but I've missed it. After combing through the selection on Amazon, I didn't find any that had better ratings, so I ordered another. It was just delivered. It's on my porch right now waiting for me. The rubby-ducky floating thermometer will be a practice target before nightfall! (or shortly there-after)

y4mxeCp1hqFPgKYfVagJ-WfuzTH6pBMpUeGqyeSvdjVDCTfFM8jOCcTBhIcml0vhpVPVmh3_j36ni5Vo1Ligtt0NbEs8CETC9E-tTv_Z9fjhJgXiR5B_Y-aDIDd7s6fcBveuweqgPlqiqve-fd4n0ew2WYkyybj_GVc3sgP6QW1mmJ5j3BytnJslqtA_0-qSolL

Reactions: RMcGirr83
I need a Like button for that battleship... been thinking about an off-season boat for the grandies so we can still play at the pool! I made a rubber band paddle wheeler but that only seems to interest the older ones while we made it, which was also fun :)

We had a bunch of storms... duststorm, windstorm, then torrential rain. Everything pool-wise seems OK and the cloudiness is nearly gone, but come on Sydney, it's time for summer! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I need a Like button for that battleship... been thinking about an off-season boat for the grandies so we can still play at the pool! I made a rubber band paddle wheeler but that only seems to interest the older ones while we made it, which was also fun :)

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.03.42 AM.jpg

I went with a longer, heavier version this time, and I regret it. It's a lot slower and less maneuverable. A friend of mine who makes model boats is going to create a floating marina for me, so we can have "docking contests". This destroyer is huge though, so I might have to get yet another battleship.

In an effort to revive this thread I replaced pool pump shaft seal and diffuser seal as I had a small leak and I did not want to let it get worse. Now no leaks yeah :cheers:

Last edited:
I read as far as "shaft seal" and thought, "wow! My battleships leak at the shafts too, but someone is dedicated enough to replace the seals???" :ROFLMAO:
Rollercoastr it takes about 15-20 mins to replace the shaft seal. Shaft seal cost about $4 VS pump motor????? :cheers:

Brent, I was referring to the propeller shafts on remote control Battleship! You see, after buzzing around the pool for 10 or 20 minutes and pretending to "dock" against the "current" of the return jet, the boat has taken on some water... :p
Check on that :cheers:

ice off here! water is 40 degrees. my FC was 4.0 so I added 1.5 gallons to get ready to maybe open in a 2 weeks. maybe. . . key word. above freezing here this coming week at nights and hopefully into the next.

Did some clean up around the pool, added CYA, MA etc to get the water back to good vaules for Spring.

During clean up of one of our drains I finally found a reason for a clog in the drain line that originally starts in our cover vault. I have had slow water draining from this line for over a year and I have tried snakes, water pressure, and drain kings to clear it out, but I always hit this hard spot. Saturday I was looking into the cleanout downstream and saw a green furry bump at the end of that pipe - turns out it was a tennis ball. The ball had finally worked its way to the clean out and was stuck on a screw. I pried the ball out and leaves and sand poured out from behind it - I think this will drain a lot better now!!! I guess the water pressure over time pushed the ball through the pipe until it finally was at the end...I had quite the AH HA moment and laughed a bit. I think the ball finally degraded enough to pop and leak so the water could finally push it down the pipe which are almost the same size...

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support