What did you do to your pool today?

Drained 2 inches off the pool as it was overflowing from all the rain we have been having. Then went for a soak [emoji482]

After the ran storm, I will be cleaning the pool...vacuuming (waste) and brushing....checking/maintaining my FC level. checking my pH, CYA, TA and CC.

BTW, someone just told me that my solar cover causes algae to grow. If I didn't have this forum, I would I listened to her and got rid of my solar cover. Little does she know that she needs to maintain her FC level, etc. She relays on the pool stores for all her chemicals. I can't argue with her so I just let her do what she's comfortable with. I showed her my TF-100, but she ain't buying it. Oh well.

After the ran storm, I will be cleaning the pool...vacuuming (waste) and brushing....checking/maintaining my FC level. checking my pH, CYA, TA and CC.

BTW, someone just told me that my solar cover causes algae to grow. If I didn't have this forum, I would I listened to her and got rid of my solar cover. Little does she know that she needs to maintain her FC level, etc. She relays on the pool stores for all her chemicals. I can't argue with her so I just let her do what she's comfortable with. I showed her my TF-100, but she ain't buying it. Oh well.

Lol, shall we give said acquaintance benefit of the doubt, since technically, with too low FC, algae can grow on the cover? Lol

Cleaning up after surprise storm here too!

Heated up the spa a bit for the 1yr old and momma. Then added a gal of 12.5% bleach and called it a day. I need to add water soon... waiting for this weekends rains to see what happened. I'm still amazed at how much evaporates. I think a cover will pay for itself with how much water I need to pump back in. (no leak, I did that bucket test).

Pool was brushed and tested. I wanted to make a comment about TFP and me but was not sure where to post, so here it is.

This is my 2nd yr usin TFP. I closed it adding recommended chemicals from this site. I have owned my pool for 19 yrs and am still learning because of TFP. This is the 1st year my chemical readings, clarity, algae, and debris have been so GOOD. I hope I can continue learning, and maintaining my pool for myself and family to this level of satisfaction. I am trying to convert my son in law, he's a bit strong willed albeit maybe he's softening up since the birth of his first daughter. I am using what I have learned on his pool and showing him the path.

Nice testimonial...have you considered supporting TFPC with a tax deductible donation? No one gets paid it just helps to keep the lights on for this site.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!

I am going into my second year with TFPC and I truly appreciate the folks on this site!

Had to drain the pool a couple more inches. We have had over 5 inches here in the past week. More rain on the way This afternoon.

Added some salt. Also, fell asleep in the pool and was awakened by lightning/thunder too close. Quickest I’ve ever gotten out of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Started to work on replacing about 60 2” tiles that were loose and popped off or I had pulled off after opening. Then rain came as I had finished the first 24 tiles. Drained 2” this morning then that filled in during the afternoon and drained another 2”. I don’t trust the coping on my pool and I’m paranoid to get it too high

Looked at my pool from my upstairs bathroom window this morning. All appears well after a weekend trip to Minnesota. I packed a floating chlorinator on Thursday afternoon and added a gallon of 12.5% LC before I left. I turned off the heater so I'm sure the Temp will be pushing low 70's after this rainy 50 degree weather passes, but it will be ready to go again by the end of the week.

Nothing...just sat and enjoyed the rain and an awesome "CUP" of coffee :)

O2Ppvmi+TaCI4VSViMRNJA.jpg

Rain had just stopped and sun was peaking out but more rain on the way. Oh well free water for the pool and grass!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support