What did you do to your pool today?

Hubby smoked a brisket, floated in pool, still to cold to swim for me at 82. Went through 2 pumice stones cleaning about 3 feet of tile. Nice relaxing day.
777ae813351ed4031b47b9fae385cfda.jpg

I went to get my car washed and my 2 Y.O. fell asleep in the back seat, so I drove around a little to give him a decent nap. I was curious of the condition of my old pool, so I did a drive-by. The cover is still on!! C'est la vie. I can only control my own...to which I added a gallon of LC yesterday morning. Took a dip after I mowed the front lawn, powerwashed the patio and furniture. Then I started the robot.

Woke up and went out to the pool to assess the damage to the steps my husband did while trying to get our boxer in the pool who clearly didn't want to take a dip. Needless to say, my steps were floating in the water when I went to go add chlorine at 11pm after getting home from work 2 nights ago. I got the steps put together this morning. Temp is up to 80°.

After needing IV antibiotics from a cat who forcefully let me know it didn't want a bath, I have learned pets sometimes just don't want to go in the water and they are going to let you know that.

Nice to hear your steps made it out better than I did. Hopefully I can get the family in for a swim tonight if there is time. The water is only 84 .... Sometimes pool heaters are a curse.

After needing IV antibiotics from a cat who forcefully let me know it didn't want a bath, I have learned pets sometimes just don't want to go in the water and they are going to let you know that.

Nice to hear your steps made it out better than I did. Hopefully I can get the family in for a swim tonight if there is time. The water is only 84 .... Sometimes pool heaters are a curse.

Dang... hope you're ok. Cat bites n scratches are nasty! The steps are good!

I put the hose in the pool last night after two full days of kids swimming...and promptly forgot about it and went to bed. This morning it was literally an eight inch from the concrete. I drained a good five inches and was of to the pool store for 40lbs of salt. The machine called for 80lbs but the guy there told me to start with 40. Good times!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, a couple of AA batteries, screw it to the faucet and screw the hose to that. You can set it to run any number of minutes you want every day or 2x per day. Or you can just run it in manual mode for any number of minutes you want. And then it shuts off. Like magic! :)

Recharged my filter and tested FC. Added chlorine and got in to vacuum. Water is at 80°.

Running morning errands, so just added maintenance dose LC after rainstorm, pulled off the solar cover and got most of the storm debris out with it!

forgot to glance at temp since it's on other side

Checked FC as I am still dialing in my SWCG. Skimmed off the top of the pool, tossed Phin in for a good cleaning. Headed in for a swim around 4 :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support