What did you do to your pool today?

I have my granddaughter here today and she knows it's time to put the pool steps in so that's what were going to be doing today. I have to sweep the pool and check the levels too while she plays on the steps.

What kind of solar reel is that?

[FONT=&quot]Kokido Stainless Steel Compact In Ground Pool Cover Reel Set (Up to 21.1')[/FONT][FONT=&quot]US $162.99ebay free ship .[/FONT]

i like it at first i thought it may be a little weak but after i saw my grand-daughter and two other 7 y/o set on it and bounce with out breaking i feel better .
i think it can be improved with some well placed set screws though, it says to use 12 mils but the cover i have is 16 mils thick
one plus is the straps slide into grooved slots and work very well

After some storms, it'll need a manual vacuum... but being new here and following proper TFP guidelines... it was SO NICE to discover all I needed was a gallon of bleach for maintenance levels. Praise the pool gods and TFP!

Then later this afternoon... warm up the spa, and jump in with the kids!

I swam in my trouble free pool before a storm rolled in and deposited a whole season of pecan pollen flowers in my pool. I scooped and I scooped. My filter basket was so full, the pump was sucking it apart, literally.

A bit cloudy this morning, but I got the majority of them. The rest will be vacuumed up later this morning.

Life Pro Tip: Don't locate your pool near pecan trees.

Yesterday I vacuumed and reduced my pump runtime to 5 hours. The water is crystal clear at the moment. It looks like I don't have to deal with cottonwood seed at this place, but there is other tree debris falling into this pool, which seems to sink and so far, there has been more maintenance. Cottonwood seed floated and collected in my skimmer. It was a pain, but I wasn't vacuuming every three days.

The former owner left behind a Dolphin Apollo robot. If I have time after I mow the front lawn later, I'll see if he left it behind because it is broken or because I requested they leave the pool equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Windy day in Vegas... What else but fish out $100.00 bill
eba5f7717a7b631b75ffee6b1e85ec4a.jpg

Replaced guts of a Jandy valve that had a crack in the diverter.
Added more CYA
Ran vacuum to clean up some CYA that leaked and was on the steps.
Started to tackle the replacement of 60+ 2" tiles that were loose and I popped off after opening.
The 4FS grout stuff sets up UBER fast on the deck but takes overnight to get solid on the tile.
I was hoping I could mix up enough to do 3 tiles at a time, but I can only do like 2 at a time.

Sadly nothing today. I am watching the rain fall into the pool and it will be overcast all day today[emoji20]

This is me. Gazed sadly at it through the never ending rain.

Actually thinking about draining a bit. I’m going out of town for about 9 days, and we’re looking at yet more rain. Makes me mad though, because my chemistry was perfect before the monsoon began!

I think I lost that Hundo when I was in Vegas...it must have blown into your pool...so sorry for the inconvenience :eek:

I threw the bot in to do it's thing..cleaned the bags, added a bit of muriatic, chlorine and bumped the CYA to 50. We are in for an extended warm spell, so there will be lots of swimming this weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support