What did you do to your pool today?

Weather is suppost to turn crappy in a couple of hours. Tornado warning in effect till 6pm. Might as well have a couple of these:cheers:IMG_9383.jpg

Once again checked the block of ice, it was all thawed yesterday.
And just like last week, another snow storm is hitting us today.
Looks like that fat Raccoon Phakephonyphil was right for a change. Might not seem so strange with Hobby Lobby displaying Christmas ornaments in 6 weeks or so.
Hope all that have had warm weather for weeks already continue to enjoy the pool.

It was warm on Sunday and I was outside doing some yard work in the back, picking up everything the dog dragged outside over the winter. I peeked on the pool through the skimmer and the water is crystal clear to the bottom. I took its temp and running around 55 degF still. I felt I had to do something, so I reinstalled some of the pipe spools that I disconnected for the winter. So the plumbing is all hooked up, but valves are off and system is still dry. I some pumped water off my cover into the pool. Just the natural rain has added about 4 inches of water to my pool over the last month. :party:

And then it snowed Monday and today. :brickwall: :grrrr: :gone: :scratch:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was warm on Sunday and I was outside doing some yard work in the back, picking up everything the dog dragged outside over the winter. I peeked on the pool through the skimmer and the water is crystal clear to the bottom. I took its temp and running around 55 degF still. I felt I had to do something, so I reinstalled some of the pipe spools that I disconnected for the winter. So the plumbing is all hooked up, but valves are off and system is still dry. :party:

And then it snowed Monday and today. :brickwall: :grrrr: :gone: :scratch:

I'm usually open about now.. this year we got teased with Spring and then went right into winter mode again. I'm waiting another 10 days or so.

Added some Borax (first use of it) after lowering my pH too much two weeks ago and it not coming back up. It's so cheap I didn't bother with other methods. I don't have a waterfall.

I tried to replace the flow sensor in my pool heater that has been broken since September. It's jammed in there so tight nothing I've tried will get it to come out.

So now I'm waiting for a pool repair company to come and try to get it out for me before I reduce it to a rounded off piece of scrap metal. :(

I dropped in my new dolphin for the first time. I got the 300i.
I'm still feeling quite proud of my self. I opened the pool by myself on Saturday. The pool guys were supposed to come out on Friday to open it for me but never showed. This will be our first full season with the pool and I've never opened a pool before. Well, it was 80+ degrees here and i was determined! Got it all hooked up and running. Pool temp reached 80 degrees by Sunday morning. Took a dip while we could. Chilly again here in Maryland. Also had to order a new solar cover because something nested in the one from last year. Now waiting on warmer temps to return.

I tried to replace the flow sensor in my pool heater that has been broken since September. It's jammed in there so tight nothing I've tried will get it to come out.

So now I'm waiting for a pool repair company to come and try to get it out for me before I reduce it to a rounded off piece of scrap metal. :(

OH man! I hate that.............have you tried PB Blaster? That stuff is GREAT!!! Might be worth a try.

- - - Updated - - -

I dropped in my new dolphin for the first time. I got the 300i.
I'm still feeling quite proud of my self. I opened the pool by myself on Saturday. The pool guys were supposed to come out on Friday to open it for me but never showed. This will be our first full season with the pool and I've never opened a pool before. Well, it was 80+ degrees here and i was determined! Got it all hooked up and running. Pool temp reached 80 degrees by Sunday morning. Took a dip while we could. Chilly again here in Maryland. Also had to order a new solar cover because something nested in the one from last year. Now waiting on warmer temps to return.

SWEET!!! So empowering! Well done!!!

Swept the vegetation off the bottom of the pool this evening. I wanted to start the SLAM tomorrow and it's going to snow!

Watching the wind blow everything in the area into my pool.

There is a huge difference between the romantic ideal of flowers floating on a pool of water, and the reality.

I've damaged it enough I'm going to stop and let a pro take care of it. :( It's been in there since 1998 - I'm sure it's seriously frozen in place.
If you have some PB blaster, spray it down good now and it will be a lot easier for him to remove it when he gets there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support