What did you do to your pool today?

Today we are converting to a saltwater system. :kim::party: Thanks to my Nest camera, I am watching the guys who are working on it as I type. Last year I managed to keep our pool sparkling clean using liquid chlorine and the TFP method. Hopefully this year will be even easier than last.

Swapped out an old pump that had started squealing at my mother-in-law's pool. It was a 1.5 HP on 1.5" pipe, replaced with a Pentair-Onga Pantera 1.0 HP and it's moving more water with less noise! Winner winner :)

Started digging out pool equipment. It's still a block of ice but have the new TFtestkits chemicals so I swapped out the old for the new. When it gets a little warmer I may need to give the plastic ladder trim rings a new coat of white paint.

Checked Chems after a hard rain fall though the night and early morning! Did lower my PH to 7.4 and jacked up my FC a bit prior to. However, did forget to set my pump to come on around 3am. Pool appeared a little cloudy this morning, but not sure if it was because of rain/wind. Quick test in the morning for PH and FC..All sat! Full test this afternoon. Pool looks clear and clean. I love this site.
Screenshot_20180329-185828.jpg

Ordered a new Dolphin S300 robotic pool cleaner. Trying to make the pool as “Trouble-free” as possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
vacuumed the deck, sprayed poison around the surrounding rocks to kill all the weeds, used the blower to clear a light level of leaves and debris that came over the fence from the neighbors, then swam in my 87 degree pool and laid on the deck while the sun was strong. Finally I just covered the pool prior to a pending rain storm and front that will likely keep me out of the pool until at least this Sunday (oh today was a sanity vacation day for extended 3 day weekend)

Did not do anything with the pool but I did stock the outside fridge in the Dolphin Bar and Grill with beer:p Does this count:cheers:
d9ee1bbc200b01bf972eb97c68ce1a69.jpg

Opened it today! I paid for it, so I’m gonna see it open. 49 degrees though. Sent Earl for three go ‘rounds on the debris. Love him! Though it was also the cleanest ever for some reason this spring. No worms. Some years there are tons.

All went well. If it was 30 degrees warmer I would have swam this evening.

With our autocover, I used the boys to hold up the safety cover as I undid the springs one set at a time. Then I closed the autocover at each step. So the safety cover stayed dry and could be put away quicker.

CYA also held up better for some reason.

And promptly napped in a chaise.

Opened it today! I paid for it, so I’m gonna see it open. 49 degrees though. Sent Earl for three go ‘rounds on the debris. Love him! Though it was also the cleanest ever for some reason this spring. No worms. Some years there are tons.

All went well. If it was 30 degrees warmer I would have swam this evening.

With our autocover, I used the boys to hold up the safety cover as I undid the springs one set at a time. Then I closed the autocover at each step. So the safety cover stayed dry and could be put away quicker.

CYA also held up better for some reason.

And promptly napped in a chaise.

Interesting re: worms. I opened the other day here in VA, and didn't have to change my pump basket once to nasty slimy smelling worms. Every other year i have to empty the basket a few times when I first fire up the pump for the year.

Maybe it was due to a lower amount of rain/snow this winter, I didn't have to lower the water at all this year, had to add about 5,000 gallons to open, usually it is less than 1,000.

Emptied some leaves from the skimmers. My scarlet oak still has about 10% of last years leaves in it. I don’t recall it being quite this slow to drop before.
First dog swim of the season. 50 degrees. They definitely went in less than usual because of the cold. I bet they would get used to it though. At least one of them would, the true swimmer.
2-4” of snow in the forecast tonight.
On the worms, I agree it’s probably the ground was less saturated and/or saturated fewer times this winter. So they were out roaming around less. But literally zero worms.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support