What did you do to your pool today?

^I was thinking flamongo droppings, actually. Perhaps woody gave it a fright with the garden shears ;)

In other news...I've expanded my "barn bling nautical project" a tad:

image.jpg

Hubby got jealous so tried to one up me by buying a whole colony of coral on some live rock for the aquarium ;)

Me likes mermaids

Si!

We're working on our screen porch bling!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Hey, look at that hot tub bleach and CYA socks! :)

Currently doing an overnite mini slam. Had CC of 1.5 and a touch of the green! Sure ain't Leprechauns though!

Me too Woody! I will admit that life and work got in the way with heavy rains, high humidity and an ignorant pool girl. I started a SLAM last night because I had patches of green behind my steps and across the bottom of my wall. The pool looks fantastic after a good brushing and 2 days of sweeping. Going to SLAM again tonight.

Cleared the decks last night as storms rolled through. Not too bad though, just a little needed rain. The Beast Master is on duty this morning and gearing up for some major 4th revelry. Attached handles to skimmer baskets. Loving those! Replacing shallow end light bulb this afternoon which is gonna require another bot run as all kinds of goo will fall into pool.

I like the porch Bling DV.

Not much here this week, picked up a few degrees in the pool, and losing it with cool NE wind this morning. What the heck is going on? It ain't global warming around here, that's for sure. :scratch:

I like the porch Bling DV.

not much here this week, picked up a few degrees in the pool, and losing it with cool NE wind this morning. What the heck is going on? It ain't global warming around here, that's for sure. :scratch:

Pipe line some of that cool air and send it this way, I'll send you back plenty of warm air. It's been over 105F for 2 weeks now and the pool has hit temps > 90F most days. Feels more like a bath than a cool refreshing swim [emoji20]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Matt, Do you run your waterfall at night to cool it? Or does that add too much to the evaporation and high CH problems? Solar panels, heat pump or chiller. Running the pump at night for filtering instead of during the day will help a couple of degrees.

I like it HOT too. I can't wait for next week wephenwe start to hit the mid-90s consistently. 98 is perfect for me. Up to 105 is fine. I can work outside all day when it's 100. I was a bit chilly in the pool yesterday when it got cloudy so I looked at the temps. Air was 93 and water was 90. :crazy:

Matt, Do you run your waterfall at night to cool it? Or does that add too much to the evaporation and high CH problems? Solar panels, heat pump or chiller. Running the pump at night for filtering instead of during the day will help a couple of degrees.

I try to minimize my waterfall runs as much as possible. It's a bad design as the PB installed a single-speed 3HP WhisperFlo pump on the waterfall....waaaaaaay over-powered for the application. Running the waterfall pump for 1 hour per day uses as much electrical energy as my VSP running 8 hours per day. That's on my bucket list of pool upgrades - a Pentair Waterfall pump for the waterfall.

The funny part is, the water cools off significantly overnight all on it's own. It will go up to 92F during the day and then, the next morning it will start of at 82F. The evaporative cooling at night (coupled with the fill water input) is what really drives up my CH. I still have yet to test out the liquid solar cover chemical to see if I can reduce water loss with it....

No solar....no yet at least. I'm on the fence with it because I really don't want to run plumbing up on my casita roof. It's a flat roof and so the panels would be completely hidden from sight which means - "out of sight, out of mind". If a leak develops or some other repair is needed, there's no advanced warning other than water pouring off the roof. So I've toyed with the idea of putting solar PV on the casita roof instead and then running my entire pool panel (and an additional heat pump) all from the solar PV. The hesitancy is one of cost - doing solar water heating panels with a pro install would probably run me around $6k-$8k depending on how crazy I go. Doing the solar PV + heat pump would probably be closer to $10k-12k. I'd love to take my pool equipment "off the grid", but I've got more immediate endeavors to pay for at the moment....

I drove 2 hours to get a new solar cover. I've been looking around for over a week for the most bang for the buck. Found one for $110. that's 8 mil (27'). Looked locally, they wanted $159., they had to order it, and they could only tell me it was "standard mil, not deluxe". I didn't find anything under $120. online, and that wasn't including shipping. One place I called had a 4 mil for $80. but I could not help but think that wasn't much more than a garbage bag. I picked up a vac hose $7. cheaper than Walmart, a wall brush for $6.99, and a river tube for $6.99. Out the door, with tax, my total for all of that was less than the total with tax of the one I could get locally. I love a good bargain!!

I tracked down the cause of my broken waterfall. After 2 days of googling info on crushed pipes and pump problems, I looked really close and found a very dead frog had somehow turned my waterfall into a mausoleum. And then surgically removed it's poor body with long pliers. And then puked. Life is Good!
969861fab96cf4bf3303292b915b3a5c.jpg

Completed pool water fill, called PB to turn on equipment then I brushed and brushed and brushed until I could brush no more...oh and I tested my water twice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support