What did you do to your pool today?

The drop is pretty much done here and pollen is no longer a yellow slick on everything.
So I thing I'm done with the hair nets for this season.
Did a skim, brush and vac, then cleaned my filter.
Full spectrum of tests had me dumping 20# CaCl to get my hardness up to prescribed levels.
Everything else is dialed in.

Might be time to figure out how I can integrate the Stenner I have packed away in my workshop to ease the chlorine dosing work this summer.

Still haven't fully opened my pool yet, Water temp is hovering around 48*, so some basic circulation is all I have going for now.

Waiting on filling for a couple of things: Getting my heater up and running -- adding more heat exchanger surface area , and needing to make a more aesthetically pleasing repair to the sidewall rip from two winters ago.

Home made peristaltic chlorine feeder is on hold for now, until I have the pool fully open.

Another project I've been working on is a microcontroller based water temperature probe set. When installed, it will have pool, heater in and out, and ambient air readings, updated every 5 minutes. Many would probably question the addition of the heater inlet probe, but I have found there can be a couple of degrees difference due to the pipeline heat loss. But then, that may have been from my testing methods. We'll see, when I get it installed. This is, after all, an experimental build. If anyone is interested in doing something similar with their pool, let me know and I'll guide you through it.

I just want to say, no one told me spring is a whole lot worse with tryin to keep the pool clean then fall was. Put on a solar cover last weekend and by this weekend it was covered in pollen, seed pods, etc. Couldnt stand it today so pulled off the cover to rinse it off and dumped most of it in the pool. Got the bot out and ran it while scooping stuff out. All the stuff in the poolsent my filter pressure through the roof so had to back flush and then top off with my 56 degree well water loosing a couple of degrees of my built up water temp. Rinsed off the cover but when I put it back on, drug more **** in the pool. Uggh, cant seem to get ahead at the moment. Not sure I am a fan of the solar cover, hate not being able to see the water.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I'm with you Always...I need the solar cover but it is such a hassle! I've done nothing to mine this weekend but fish out a few fronds. They are all floaters so it's pretty easy. Chem tests today, so more acid to break down the TA. Nothing but water, Calcium, and baking Soda coming out of my water well.
:roll:

I turned the hose on again for a few hours. Pool still isn't up to the skimmer so I'll check it tomorrow. Cover is still on.

Cut my new solar cover to fit. Cleaned pool, backwashed the filter and cleaned the salt cell. Took a spray bottle with 1:4 mixture of acid/ water and cleaned the calcium lines off the pool grout. Wore glasses and dish gloves with a stainless tooth brush and shimmied around the whole pool scrubbing each grout line. Probably a little more anal than I needed to be, but hey I still have a month before it's officially pool season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Removed cleaned dried and stored winter cover.
Skimmed out a bunch of leaves/elm seeds. Installed thermometer, 51 F. Not going to fill for another week or two.
Repacked sand in sand filter in order to get laterals back to correct spot, they moved one me when I tilted it to replace a drain.
Started looking at the location for my new wide mouth skimmer.

Texas Mosquitos have made a comeback. Was treating my pool yesterday afternoon and got chased down by a few gangster ones it was either them or me. I won this round. After the rains this week I am going to be trying out my garlic spray! Can't wait to report back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support