What did you do to your pool today?

No bubbles.
Ha ha. I wish. I took this pic right after a fresh prime and purge I think. No James, after about an hour or two the water level drops and the pump still has that large air gap that churns along under the lid. It never drops any further. I think I left it alone for about 7-10 days or so without purging the air and it just stayed at the same level. I just try to ignore it now to preserve what little sanity I still have. :crazy:

This weekend I had to install bird netting inside the top of my equipment pad lean-to. After doing a pad refresh a couple months ago, the birds seemed to like my work so much they decided to call it home which resulted in bird dropping over all of my new work. The netting should prevent them from trying to call that place home.

full

I need to put up some kind of barrier around my equipment. It's not birds that are the problem. It's two dogs thinking it's part of their playground.

weather.png

This is the first time I've actually considered draining the pad down. I'm a bit worried about 3 full days of freezing weather, especially when it dips down to 9 degrees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was going to say that all of our utilities are underground so we very rarely lose power due to storms.

Then I remembered this is Texas and winter is when the power goes out for 4-5 days for no good reason.

Last year the spa kept freezing because I didn't have the spillover as part of the freeze protection mode. I'm worried that if I run the spillover it will ice everything up and water is going to get under the garbage masonry work on the outside of the spa and mess it up worse when it freezes. I don't know what to do.

I was going to say that all of our utilities are underground so we very rarely lose power due to storms.
Mine are too, but the mains that feed the neighborhood are usually in the air. We will almost never lose power without the whole block being down, but when it's down it's usually a much bigger fix.
I don't know what to do.
You need to pick a direction and stick with it. There are risks no matter what and Mr Murphy shows up either way.

Reactions: dfwnoob
It said yesterday on my weather app that Monday we would get 11.5” of snow ❄️
Errybody panicked 🙀
All the milk & bread in town is gone.
Today the app shows a 35% chance of 3” for Monday 🤨
I meant to refill a couple of my propane tanks while I was out and about but I’m imagining that will be gone tomorrow when I go back to town.
Good news is I have lots of wood 🪵!
Last February our power was out for several days- they got the neighborhood back on after two or three days but a limb fell on our line too after the power went out and it took a while for them to get to us. I was a little worried I might need to drain my hot tub but it ended up being fine.
The temp dropped like 30 degrees in just a few hours - it was weird.

Reactions: jkhamr and Newdude
It said yesterday on my weather app that Monday we would get 11.5” of snow ❄️
Errybody panicked 🙀
All the milk & bread in town is gone.
Today the app shows a 35% chance of 3” for Monday 🤨
I meant to refill a couple of my propane tanks while I was out and about but I’m imagining that will be gone tomorrow when I go back to town.
Good news is I have lots of wood 🪵!
Last February our power was out for several days- they got the neighborhood back on after two or three days but a limb fell on our line too after the power went out and it took a while for them to get to us. I was a little worried I might need to drain my hot tub but it ended up being fine.
The temp dropped like 30 degrees in just a few hours - it was weird.
Our high this Sunday is -7, we've added another 3" of snow and it's going to keep snowing all day.... Good luck with your weather, hope you don't lose power this year!

Then I remembered this is Texas and winter is when the power goes out for 4-5 days for no good reason.

Last year the spa kept freezing because I didn't have the spillover as part of the freeze protection mode. I'm worried that if I run the spillover it will ice everything up and water is going to get under the garbage masonry work on the outside of the spa and mess it up worse when it freezes. I don't know what to do.
All of our utilities are underground, but due to coal plant closures, we have generation problems here in Texas. After the 2021 clean energy debacle, we put in a dual fuel generator so we can run our nat. gas furnaces (3 of them) and our pool pumps + refrigerators. Hopefully we won't need it, but if we do, we're prepared this time.

Reactions: jkhamr
Things are so far, so good. Been under freezing temps since Saturday night. I left everything running and added the spa to the freeze protection routine. I also manually opened the spa "fountain" valve to constantly flow water back into the spa since the valves switching back and forth tends to drop the water level. There is a small spillover happening while in pool mode which seems to be OK. Bumped the pump RPM to 2600 while in freeze protection mode.

Also had my garage door opener fail spectactularly yesterday morning. Went to open it and the cap exploded in a big smoke show. Would have been waiting 4+ days for a cap and the missus can't operate the door by herself manually. I really hated the old opener anyway, it was a 15+ year old screw-drive Genie and it sounded like a rock tumbler when it ran. Installed a new Chamberlain belt drive and things are much quieter. Also, I never want to install another garage door opener ever again especially in 15 degree weather. I'm in so much pain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support