What did you do to your pool today?

My new go to mix for insects is Bifen with Orthene Acephate (the Acephate smells a little but its not too bad). In this case I thew in some Imidichloprid also for good measure. Sprayed all the grass and deck that is close to the pool. Sprayed some of the tile line too where they were really bad (hard to do since a lot goes into the pool).

We got rain a few hours later so dont know how much that did. But for now I seem to have a pretty good knockdown. I might have to do a second application if a week or so, but I might not.

I read on a UF article a while back that Bifen mixed with Acephate provides a much stronger control than each one individually. I can confirm that for whitefly which I fight constantly. So like I said that is my new go to mix.

Well that mixture seemed to work really well. Normally the Betta‘s sides were covered in springtails but now there were almost none. A lot of dead ones were captured in the basket.

I really dont have any idea where they came from since they were spread around almost the entire pool. I did not see any on the deck (where as in most previous cases they were there).

In any case a blanket spray of all the grass, and the deco drain seemed to have handled it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
With the Freeze Protection on the Polaris pressure side cleaner was running for about 48 hours. I found my middle tension wheel all cockeyed. Fortunately, I had some old parts and was able to repair it and ready for action.

Reactions: Mdragger88
He looks like the shady type who would B&E. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: My wife keeps suggesting we need another fur baby, we'll see how that goes......

This came up on my Facebook feed from 2016

Sadly he can barely even walk anymore due to arthritis and degenerating nerves in his hind legs. I wish I was still finding him climbing where he is not supposed to. :cry:

dog.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to drain water from my pool - again - 3rd time in 2 weeks. Oh, I wish I had an overflow drain!!!
Had 3 inches overnight according to my rainfall measurement tube in the garden.
Added 20# of salt although SWCG not on. I plan to start again in next day or so as weather in mid-60s to low-70s and pool temperature rose to above 60 degrees F.

Us northerners come down to you to swim in February. 70 *is* warm. :ROFLMAO:
Drained four of the five pools in our pool yard covers,had three inches of water on some of them.Tested the temperatures and chlorine/ph readings 41 degrees and still 3 ppm of chlorine from November closings and ph was 7.3 on all four,didn’t check the semi inground yet.Still wouldn’t go for a swim yet in them,maybe in late March early April when we re open them.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Opened up the water features! May get a few nights where freeze protection kicks on in the next couple weeks but we are out of the cold nasty stuff and I'm ready for the warm weather!

Also noticed it appears that my main filter pump shaft seal is leaking again as it was wet around the base. Need to get that replaced in the next week or so.

--Jeff

Water temperature is 70 degrees. I removed the panels on the Pentair Heater and confirmed no rodents, bee nests, etc. made a home in the winter. Turned on spa mode with heat to raise the temperature 10 degrees. All working fine, no leaks. Ready for grandchildren's visit and swim at Easter.

Water temperature is 70 degrees. I removed the panels on the Pentair Heater and confirmed no rodents, bee nests, etc. made a home in the winter. Turned on spa mode with heat to raise the temperature 10 degrees. All working fine, no leaks. Ready for grandchildren's visit and swim at Easter.
Sounds like a great Easter 🐣!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support