St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Blue Haven installed my new pool. They originally spec'd a 20k SWG but folks here suggested I up that to a 40k unit -- so I did (and it's on the contract). The unit they installed doesn't seem to indicate what capacity it is -- see the pics:
PXL_20221109_023411569.jpgPXL_20221109_023202425.jpgPXL_20221109_023143666.jpg
I tried searching on some of those numbers but couldn't find anything definitive. I also emailed Hayward some of those numbers asking about capacity but never heard back from them. The unit is now connected to my OmniLogic controller -- perhaps there is a menu is it that can tell me the capacity of the connected SWG? Any help would be appreciated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking like the value I see in the OmniLogic settings isn't automatically read from the cell, but rather my pool company guy set it manually. That probably explains why the OL was showing my salt level was 1600ppm while the pool store's analysis says 3500ppm. Pool guy has now changed my setting to T-Cell-9, and ppm numbers are looking better (but I still don't think it's correct). I see now on the bottom of the Blue Haven cell it says Sanitizer Cell 20 -- which I believe is only a 20k gallon model (not the 40k I paid for). Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:
Register the equipment with Hayward to see what cell comes up from the serial number.

The salinity will be accurate when the correct cell is selected in the settings
T-15 has 13 Titanium Plates, 150 x 63mm. Produces 1.47 lbs/day.

T-9 has 13 Titanium Plates, 101 x 63mm. Produces 0.98 lbs/day.

T-5 has 7 Titanium plate, 150 x 63mm. Produces 0.735 lbs/day.

T-3 has 7 Titanium Plates, 101 x 63mm. Produces 0.53 lbs/day.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks! I emailed them last night, and they have already replied confirming it is only a 20,000 gallon cell. So now I need to get the pool company to replace it with a 40k unit since that was specified on my contract!

Just to put a bookend on this, the pool company brought out a Blue Haven Sanitizer Cell 40 and the Omni was changed back the the T-15 setting, and now the Omni salt numbers match the numbers I get from the local pool store. Thanks again to everyone that helped!

Thanks again to everyone that helped!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.