What are these white strings

Selaginella, aka white water mold. I bet your ladder is in a dead zone, where it doesn't get much circulation and it's relatively shady. Do a SLAM Process, and wipe as much of the filaments off your ladder as possible to get the mold into the SLAM water. It'll be fine.
Thank you. My pool is in the open sun until about 6pm and then it gets shady. it's so weird. We didn't see it yesterday. I'll look it up. I worry about how to make sure it doesn't come back again. Do I need to take apart my filters hoses?

No, just keep your FC in the upper part of the range depending on your CYA. Brush religiously, especially around that ladder. And maybe redirect your outlet so it flows over to that area.

I had Selaginella last year, and while it's startling, it's easy to get rid of. Not like mustard algae!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep saying stuff like that....you're helping to convince me to convert from Baquacil next spring!! 😉
For real. We can walk you through anything on this side. It can always be tested and corrected. You see how helpful people are and you aren't even part of 'the club'. When you're ready, we got you.

For real. We can walk you through anything on this side. It can always be tested and corrected. You see how helpful people are and you aren't even part of 'the club'. When you're ready, we got you.

But you gotta admit....some of you must have been wishing by now that I'd simply go away with my big bag of baqua woes! Oh well, there are even bigger problems than mine that one could conceivably have with a pool. At least I haven't encountered this one yet.....

images.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.