West Texas Pool Build

Beautiful stone! And the skimmer lids make the deck look fluid. What a great product. Do they make it in a square shape? We just booked our concrete sub yesterday and our skimmer is bright white and obnoxious. Need a way to cover him up!

Beautiful stone! And the skimmer lids make the deck look fluid. What a great product. Do they make it in a square shape? We just booked our concrete sub yesterday and our skimmer is bright white and obnoxious. Need a way to cover him up!

Thanks Vettechick...

These were hand made on the spot by the stone worker from pieces of the same stuff as the decking.

Well, we had a little equipment SNAFU late last week. It was not good.

Meeting with PB tonight at 18:00 to go over this and a few other little details. Should know more after that. Thanks for checking in on me, and I'll update when there is something good to post up.

I need to come by and see how yours is going too.

Re: Our West Texas Pool Build

Turt2rs_zpscffa1457-1.jpg

your going to like the turtles, identical to what we used except ours are green

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Our West Texas Pool Build

Out here you just have to pick one.

:laughblue: :laughblue:

Man, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think you are right! However, there is another option.....slow.

your going to like the turtles, identical to what we used except ours are green

Thanks! We are looking forward to seeing them under water. We looked at the green ones too, nearly went them.

Hudson, we are going with CLI Sunstone Select-"Granite" with a little combination of some "Cobalt" added in. PB does a 12 bag mix, so we are putting 2-3 bags of Cobalt to 9-10 bags of the Granite. We'll be doing a little premix test before we decide on the final ratio. Here is the color sample on their web page: http://clindustries.com/quartz-pool-finshes/sunstone-select/

Some issues with the project have arisen, but I'll be updating when these are resolved and things are moving forward again.

Well, it's finally time for an update! We had plaster put in today. Man, it's been a long road for us.

We are near the end. Sorry for so few pics, but with everything I've had going on, and the forum really kicking up, It's about all I can post at the moment. We are supposed to fill tomorrow, and I'll try to get more than I did today. Once acid washed, it will have a light grey with a hint of blue hue. Once filled and given some time, I expect a pretty blue water color. It's drying as these shots were made, and the darker areas are still damp. Lots left to do, with some finishing items, but we are getting close.

This time Friday, we should have a bona-fide pool all up and running. :party:

Plasterrs1_zpsae033426-1.jpg

Plasterrs3_zps58b7641c-1.jpg

Plasterrs2_zpsb38065d6-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.