West Texas Pool Build

Indeed it is, and we are putting in far less than most folks. It's about 3 1/2 pallets worth. Lots of waste with flagstone. Normally about 1/3 according to the PB, but I think they are doing a good deal better than that.

Flagstone is pretty much done. I have been concerned about the skimmer tops for some time. I kept wondering how well they would put them in and how much they would stick out like a sore thumb. So I came home last night and found out. Here is what I have been worried about the whole time.

Skim1rs_zps00a68c94-1.jpg

Skim2rs_zps065ea4a6-1.jpg

My wife had already seen this and was very excited about it, and honestly I liked it quite a lot. I had no idea they would do this and it was never discussed. I can say I am very pleased with the choice. None are complete, but this is such a good alternative to the ugly skimmer lids sticking out. Actually I love it!

This one will get cut out today I suppose...

Skim6rs_zpsee74aad4-1.jpg

This one will be worked on the underside until it fits flush...

Skim7rs_zpsdb7709a1-1.jpg

Skim4rs_zpsac390238-1.jpg

Skim3rs_zps06a6d3a9-1.jpg

Skim5rs_zps46b2b9bc-1.jpg

Skim8rs_zpsdda88de4-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all! Except WoodyP :hammer:

I think they bevel out some notches on the skimmer holes, and the undersides of the lids to have access for removal. Not sure but hopefully I'll find out this evening.

Dave, (pragmatic) they put a few pieces on the thin set mortar, then use boards and levels to get them evened out. Doing only a few at a time it's pretty tedious but it sure comes out nice.

Well I just called home to see what was going today.

No one showed up at all yet!! This is what frustrates me. Lots of progress, then...NUTHIN. :rant: this past Saturday, PB said two weeks to finished. Well, one of those weeks is nearly gone..

It looks like they are doing a great job, just taking too long to do it. That's a common theme on pool builds. The flagstone really came out well

- - - Updated - - -

How long has your build been going on now?

Well I just called home to see what was going today.

No one showed up at all yet!! This is what frustrates me. Lots of progress, then...NUTHIN. :rant: this past Saturday, PB said two weeks to finished. Well, one of those weeks is nearly gone..

I feel your pain. I really really do.

Looking great! I really like the flagstone. Super nice!

Hopefully the weather in your area is better than ours. It's pretty dark here in DFW area right now. I am home today waiting for the equipment guys to come fix my intellichem and screenlogic, and for a truck to show up with 3 pallets of sod. I'm hoping they don't bail due to weather!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.