LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The Wife Never mentioned that she wanted a deck... out loud.
But once it was under construction, her first comments were... "Where are the steps!"
Well, they are HERE!
I am pretty proud of myself... first deck, and first set of stairs built from scratch... all done by yours truly!

XVhPI5g.jpg

AFEMWKY.jpg

cIG3FNK.jpg

Nice steps. You still need a handrail on them?

The hand rail will be the easy part!
The hard part was figuring out how to do the stairs so they didn't look like an afterthought.
And how to do them so they didn't interfere with the lawn mower!

Nice build. Can you give us some more info on the ladder (brand/model) and a pic from the pool. How do they end in the pool?
The Ladder can be found here... Ladder.
I have it set so that it ends about 1/8" above the bottom of the pool to keep water moving underneath it, but when you step on it, it rests solidly.

I love the spacing of the individual boards....reminds me of a classic boardwalk. Very nice indeed! (great water drainage too!)
Bravo!
Maddie :flower:
Thank you!
The spacing was determined by myself thinking about all the tree coverage directly above the deck, and the leaves, twigs and fodder that seems to be falling from them all the time.
I didn't want all of that being blown INTO the pool, so I thought that a little larger spacing between the individual boards should help. ?
It seems to be working as planned, so far.
Now, if I can just find a CHEAP source for river rock (no sharp edges), I'd be set.
I think I have more $$$ into the deck than we paid for the pool at this point!

Reactions: Lisbek

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.