Apr 7, 2020
Mooresville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The title says it all...

A truckload of dirt and topsoil was laid beneath 800 Sq ft of sod yesterday. It's now the latest installment to be featured in my pool.

Also, what is this forums F bomb policy?

20200524_192347.jpg20200524_192344.jpg20200524_192356.jpg20200524_185632.jpg

G rated.

Put 'mud in a pool' in the Search box above. Click on the G. Lots of folks have dealt with it. It is not fun. Will take time.

Well if anyone has a right to say it, its you. But please keep the colorful language off the forum! Vacuum out as much to waste as you can. Don't try and let the Quattro do the heavy lifting on this one. Is there a lot of mulch washed in too? You may have to net that stuff out. What kind of filter do you have?

I have a sand filter. Looks like the waterfall took a route around most of the mulch. I think it's primarily clay, top soil and fill dirt.

I'm considering just draining it completely and having the vinyl replaced. It's something I wanted to do within the next year anyway.

That's what the sod was for. It was a dirt hill that often dumped dirt into the pool. I wanted ground cover with thick roots to help with erosion. And the city let the road get full of debris, ultimately blocking road drainage.

I was thinking more like installing a french drain or other type of piping to drain the water away from the area before it can get to the pool area. My guess is that this drainage issue will rear its ugly head again without a robust drainage system in place.

I had a similar issue, but I dumped the dirt into the pool during construction and never got it out. I tried running my sand filter for 5 days without much progress, so I ended up using pool floc which forced it to settle on the bottom where I could vac to waste. It took 2 treatments and about 5 days to fully clear it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any idea if there is a drain behind your retaining wall?
No idea. I've moved my saga over here now:

Oh man, that sucks about your liner. Similar thing happened to my neighbor, had to keep a pump in the deep end to keep sucking out the water and then had to put the liner in quickly and have it filled by truck so that they didn't get water under the liner.

If you have a drain, you should see a four inch pipe sticking out at each end of the wall, near the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.