Weird one.... Water from pool light junction box.....

randal106

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2017
South Alabama
This is a weird one... I have water coming out of the transformer box from / to the pool lights when running the pump on full speed...

We have 3 lights, 2 pentair led and one off-brand bubbler, all three go to the same "J" box, then one conduit from there to the transformer box.. when running the pump on full speed, I get a trickle of water out of the transformer box... not good..... any reason I would get water coming out the the box when the pump is on full speed? only thing I can think of would be the bubbler lost a seal or something, and that is pushing the water through the conduit... thoughts? Update: Just confirmed its the bubbler, when I shut off the flow to the Bubbler, water stops coming out the transformer...

Last edited:
Ok, found out the root cause... maybe....

PoolBuilder did not run a conduit to the junction box for the Bubbler, he ran the Bubbler conduit straight to the pool pad and into the 12VAC Transformer (See Photo). My pool pad is about 6 inches below water level, which would put the transformer only about a foot above the water level. Im pretty sure that is the root cause. Reason I have not noticed this before is the pool level is VERY HIGH right now, just below the overflow, so that extra 3 or 4 inches is causing it to back up into the conduit / transformer.

Question, should I re-do the bubbler conduit and run it into a junction box, then back down into the transformer?

Attachments

• 20191211_111644.jpg
    20191211_111644.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 20
Code requires all pool light wiring to run through a junction box to create an air break between the conduit running into the water and the conduit running to an electrical panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.