Weird Jandy LRZ Issue

Jun 12, 2015
Waterdown, Ontario
So my Jandy LRZ heater has been acting up for the past few years. Randomly it would fault out and I'd get the "Check IGN Control - Fault" on the display. So I've had a very reputable repair guy attend and he's gone over it in great detail and all parts seem to be in very good working order. I did replace the Ignition Control as well. Here's where it gets weird....the fault seems to occur when I open or jiggle the LCD display. If I leave it open or if I jiggle it a bit (or open it) while the heater is running - I get that fault error. If I leave the display in the closed position it seems to work MOST of the time (I still get the odd same fault though). Has anyone experienced an issue with the heater shutting off and getting that error due to an issue with the wiring or something with the display panel?

When I open up the main panel, and then open the display I notice that the wire that runs from the display to the circuit board seems to move a few of the other wires around. Seems to me like there's a loose connection somewhere in those wires. It runs fine when fully closed as it appears to put some pressure on one or two of the wires. Must be a loose wire or connection I'm assuming?

It sounds like it might be due to a poor wiring connection, but it could also be due to a cracked soldering trace on a circuit board. If some of your wiring is wiretied together or not long enough to be loose when the panel is opened, look to see if when you open the control panel it is putting a strain on any of the circuit boards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.