Weir Door and water level

cluanar

Jun 9, 2020
Georgia
I am using a Skim around and noticed ocassional air in my pump. I have a bubbler that creates waves and the waves were pulling water out of the skimmer across from it. So I diverted suction from skimmer to main and it went away. Not the answer to the problem for sure. So i researched and found that my water level was 1/5-1/6 up the skimmer opening. So I added water ( i had to cut off the overflow valve ) to get it to 1/2 plus. Now i can change suction back to skimmer and have bubbler full blast. However, I now notice the skimmer not working as well as it was. The weir door is low and the flow is slow, so no whirlpool effect.

So do get velocity do i need a lower water level so the door isnt as closed?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

Whirpool effect in the skimmer is not desired.

How is your weir door lower if the water level in the skimmer is higher? The top of the weir door should follow the water level.

Skimmer function is not about velocity of water into the skimmer. The skimmer slowly and gently attracts the debris at the top of the water into it. Give it some time and you may realize your skimmer is working the way it should.

I understood that the better velocity from the pool in to skimmer was what you wanted for better pull of debris?

No, with the right water level and a proper functioning weir door it is not the velocity that pulls in debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.