Weir AquaStar Flow Star

omayhemo

Jun 4, 2020
Texas
My builder did not install weir doors on our skimmers, as such skimming is relatively poor and if the pump is off, skimmers empty their junk into the pool. I purchased the appropriate flap that fits my skimmer, but there doesn't seem to be any place to pop the tabs into. Where it looks like there were a place that would be pressed in during installation creating an indention, mortar is filled in behind and has made them ineffective (if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing). All the instructions for installation I've seen shows simply pressing the door into place and bingo bango. However, a lot of wave action causes my flap to dislodge and get stuck in the skimmer.

Am I seeing this correctly? Has the builder messed this up? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Yes it does. But there's no place for them to pop into. I believe there's push tabs that the installer is supposed to 'depress' as they mortar it in. But instead, I believe they filled them in with mortar.

Just and update to tie a bow on it, the builder came back, sure enough they plastered over the place where the weir hooks in. They're now installed and working properly and by the way make a HUGE difference in the skimming.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.