May 16, 2018
Burbank
Hoping someone can help me resolve this annoying issue...I have an inground salt water pool with a hot tub that was built two years ago. About a year or so ago, I started having issues with the spa jets not blowing hard enough. After doing some internet research all signs pointed to a dirty filter as the cause. With brand new and clean filter grids that seemed to solve the problem, the jets were blowing strong...for about two months. Now I'm having the same issue and it seems safe to assume that it might not be the filter. The guy that cleans my pool and another pool expert I've spoken too tell me that I need an air blower to solve this issue. Before I spend another $400 or so to install an air blower I'd like to exhaust all other options.

Here is what else I have tried to troubleshoot this problem:
- I bought a plumbers bladder and ran my hose full blast from the skimmer side and the pump side to clear the line. Some leaves, tree berries and other debris came out but that did not solve the problem.
- pulled out the plastic pieces inside each spa jet hole and confirmed there were no blockages
- made sure there was no debris preventing the pump from working
- used my shop vac to blow air into the air blower pipe. That caused the jets to blow strong, but when I remove the shop vac, the jets go back to blowing weakly.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
The majority of the time a low flow situation points to a dirty filter. If the filter clogs up quickly, that is a chemistry problem.
Can you post a full set of test results from you own test kit? What does the water look like?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.