We have a hole in the ground! New O/B in Queen Creek, AZ

Just for reference for future projects. If you call Sunbelt Rentals, they will deliver the equipment, and they also rent the plywood sheets. Another option is Home Depot has “garbage” plywood sheets they sell just for these types of projects. :cheers:

Reactions: Don_TLR
Big day is finally here!

TQXofLo.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all. I’m doing the sodium bicarb startup because it sounds pretty simple and should add strength and durability to the finish. If it doesn’t, then it certainly isn’t going to hurt anything, so I might as well. In other words, the upside seems much higher than the potential downside...if there is any.

Oh, and I finally got the plug out of the skimmer. That thing was really in there. I had to get a basin wrench and then put a socket wrench on the basin wrench for extra leverage. My theory is that they accidentally tried to plug the wrong hole permanently, but I dunno. Either way, it’s good to go now.

SWEET!! Okay so here is what I say now:

-Do NOT stop the water flow for any reason when it starts!

-Do the spa last unless you KNOW you WILL be there to move the hose. You do NOT want any water for flow down the walls.

-Put socks or such on the ends of the hoses to protect that pretty, new plaster! Put the end of the hose on the lowest part of the pool.

-Your color may show a hint of green at first. This is VERY normal! Your true color will happen as the plaster cures and your water gets balanced.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the tips, Kim. I will have 2 hoses filling and am all settled up on my water bill, so I should be able to fill it all the way, nonstop. I’m pretty excited for tomorrow, but a little worried about how long it’s going to take to fill. I have to be at work Friday afternoon, so I suspect I’m going to be relying on my wife to turn off the hose and start the pump. She knows almost nothing about any of it. Should be fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.