May 11- set forms
May 14 -big hole!
May 18-22- rebar and rough plumbing
May 29- Gunite!!!!
June 11- Coping and plumbing started.
June 13- Coping and plumbing complete
June 17- Waterline tile complete.
June 24-26 - Concrete decking complete

Edit! We officially signed the contract! And because the weather has been so nice he is ahead of schedule. We will break ground in 7-10 days ?????

We are in the final stages and so excited! We debated on a sport pool and have decided on a traditional design.
17x35’ with a 6x11’ tanning ledge/stairs. I think I’d really like a seat/ step out bench opposite of the tanning ledge. I very crudely drew that into one picture. If we go this route we will back the fence up to accommodate a bigger walkway.
I want everything symmetrical, and husband doesn’t want and ledges or steps protruding into the main pool area.
We plan to have a 21’ shallow end that slopes from 3.5’ to 4.5’, then down to 6’ in the “deep end”
We will be installing a covered area at the bottom area. This is the west side, so in the evenings the sun is in your eyes if you’re on the back porch.
Any thoughts? Something we should tweak? We are installing a new fence, and our house is on 10aces. So we can make the area bigger if we like, the land is ours on either side.
Our builder mentioned this was considered a “large” pool build. But doesn’t seem all that big to me, is this bigger than normal?
Guess everything is bigger in Texas! ?

Attachments

• 68C90375-8DB7-4640-8989-2A67D9AC1FBB.png
    68C90375-8DB7-4640-8989-2A67D9AC1FBB.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 203
  • B59C1EBF-B49E-48A7-A7D9-918C0659E095.png
    B59C1EBF-B49E-48A7-A7D9-918C0659E095.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

I like the design. I too do not like steps interfering with the swim lane..

You might want to think about 4' 6' and 4' Called a play pool.. deep in the middle and shallow on both ends.

3.5' is just too shallow..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: lgibson888
I’m on the fence about going 3.5’ or 4’.
my daughter is 9yrs old and 4’ is just above her shoulders. She has friends even shorter. I realize she will grow, but I’m worried that the 4’ + area will be too deep for her to really have fun. Anyone with kids or grandkids regret going too deep or shallow?

I’m having a hard time picking color for tile and coping ? our PB also includes Kool Deck, which I believe comes in different colors too.
is there a dedicated thread in the forum where people post pictures of their finished pools will those details? Or do you just have to sift through the individual construction posts for pictures?

If you get samples of tile and coping make sure you view them in full sun light and dry/wet. I wish I had gone darker on my tile and coping. They look fine in the showroom but now installed I wish they were a shade or 2 darker.

Reactions: lgibson888
Look what I have for you!!!!

I hope this helps some.......I can help with pretty too if you would like!

Kim:kim: aka the bling queen!

Reactions: mickey4paws
Thank you!!!

Look what I have for you!!!!

I hope this helps some.......I can help with pretty too if you would like!

Kim:kim: aka the bling queen!

I really like the design- the openness of the actual pool along with the spacious yet space saving steps and tanning ledge.

My only suggestion is to plan where you are going to put the equipment so it isn't visual clutter. Perhaps inside a wall? Or hidden behind bushes or fencing? You're going to want things to look as attractive and spa like as possible. Sometimes folks don't pick a spot out and the PB dumps it someplace they later regret. A little distance from the pool is no problem. And tell them you want an extra large equipment pad, with a light. Also make sure you have a GCFI outlet near the pool for robot pool cleaner.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really like the design- the openness of the actual pool along with the spacious yet space saving steps and tanning ledge.

My only suggestion is to plan where you are going to put the equipment so it isn't visual clutter. Perhaps inside a wall? Or hidden behind bushes or fencing? You're going to want things to look as attractive and spa like as possible. Sometimes folks don't pick a spot out and the PB dumps it someplace they later regret. A little distance from the pool is no problem. And tell them you want an extra large equipment pad, with a light. Also make sure you have a GCFI outlet near the pool for robot pool cleaner.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks for the tips! The equipment will be on the left in the picture. It is on the outside of the 6’ metal privacy fence. So definitely out of sight! Our house is on 10 acres so it is our land on the outside of the backyard too.
I do plan on backing the fence line to the left more to give more room around the pool. We plan on just having rock around it so no grass to mow on that side.

My pad is 4' x 8' and I definitely feel like a little larger would be better. 5' x 10' maybe?

Although I have a spa, so heater takes up some of that. And mulitple water features that are on their own pump.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.