Vbella

Dec 19, 2021
Woodbridge,NJ
Have a 2015 Hot Springs Pulse with No Fault Heater. I believe the pressure sensor went bad. I jumped the sensor and the heater works. Can I leave that jumped? The replacement heaters have NO pressure sensor and have you bypass the presssure switch at the board. Are the new heaters different in some way that allows that? Or can I leave the pressure sensor bypassed on my original? It Still has high limit and thermostat sensors.

Many watkins spas (hot springs, caldera, tiger river, etc.) do not use a pressure/flow switch. This puts all safety functions on the sensors, which has some additional risk, but not alot.
As a licensed technician, for liability reasons, I cannot advise you to permanently bypass any safety device installed by the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer doesn't use it themselves anymore. That said, I work on watkins tubs with no pressure switch all the time. Take from that what you will.😉

Reactions: Vbella
Many watkins spas (hot springs, caldera, tiger river, etc.) do not use a pressure/flow switch. This puts all safety functions on the sensors, which has some additional risk, but not alot.
As a licensed technician, for liability reasons, I cannot advise you to permanently bypass any safety device installed by the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer doesn't use it themselves anymore. That said, I work on watkins tubs with no pressure switch all the time. Take from that what you will.😉
Thank you. Truly appreciate it. I will carefully consider your statements. 😏. Tub already up to thermostat temp.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.