Waterway Oasis connection to Waterway VSP

MickPanda

Jul 4, 2022
Portland Oregon
Adding automation to my pool and I have selected the Waterway Oasis controller since I have a Waterway Power Defender 270 pump. I have everything connected as shown in the manuals and online and everything works EXCEPT I am not able to control the VSP. It is a very simple setup with no automatic valves or lights or solar etc. Just pump and heater.
I have set the pump to 'remote' operation.
I am using the RS485 MODBUS port.
I had the pump power going through relay 1 as they suggested but when I couldn't get the pump to work I changed the wiring to go to the motor directly.

OF COURSE NOTHING IS LABELLED consistently! It should be a simple matter of 3 wires from the Oasis control to the motor control board, in the correct order. Unfortunately the instructions included are black and white and refer to left to right terminal count, but the terminal connectors are arranged vertically in the Oasis. On the motor control board the terminals are labeled but they are in direct conflict with the pictures and descriptions in the manual. Looks like the board they photographed for the WWVSP motor control board is from an older model as it does not match what is in the actual motor control enclosure. I have tried almost every conceivable combination and can't get the motor to operate.

Since it is all the same brand you would think that the connection would be simple and straightforward but that does not seem to be the case.

I believe that the instructions for the connection in the Oasis are correct and they show a couple of views which help determine the left to right conundrum by showing things relative to other components on the board.

I have searched the internet for a more technical manual (perhaps one that would explain what some of the LED's on the board mean or what it means when the power light on the WWVSP is blinking? Should it be blinking? etc, etc.

Let me vent: They will spend pages and lines of instructions on how to do things most humans can easily figure out and very little on the things that we really need some information on.

Which motor is on the pump? They used to be V-Green 2.7 but about two years ago changed to Neptune motors. If you have the Neptune motor, use the Power Defender 300 connection in the attached pdf.

Attachments

• Oasis Pump connections.pdf
    508.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.