Waterline tile help

364PL

Aug 28, 2021
California
Hello, first time poster here. My wife and I are currently under construction on our first pool. With all the information on this forum we dove head first into the build. It’s 45’ x 20’ with a raised spa. So to my question, we just had the waterline tile installed and finished. The tile contractor used laticrete 253 gold as his mortar. but the more I read , I feel like he should have used 254 Platinum. Will the 253 work as he claims? . Any help would be much Appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to TFP :)

You are correct, that should not have been used and Laticrete specifically says not to use it in a pool and 254 Platinum should be used.. :)

Not for use in submerged applications. For these applications, use 254 Platinum.

You need to print this sheet and take it to your builder.. The complete job should be removed and started from scratch.. I would also call Laticrete and ask them just to make sure... As it stands there is no warranty from Laticrete because they used the wrong product..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.