Waterline Tile - Did I Make a Bad Choice?

racdash

Mar 12, 2021
Maryland
I am new to TFP. And hoping someone can help. We inherited a pool this summer and it has proven to be a bit of a debacle. We are having to fix the plumbing and re-plaster as it had a leak. The pool shape was NOT shape I would have picked (roman shaped). We are replacing the hardscaping/coping (we had to do this) and chose all the same to try to minimize the shape. We chose Diamond Brite French Gray plaster. I have never chosen pool tile and wanted to choose a tile that would help up minimize the shape so I chose a dark blue grey to hopefully blend with the water. BUT, now i am thinking it will stick out way too much and I should have matched the hardscape with a lighter grey or white? So, here is the question - am I way overthinking it? When choosing tile you want to blend should you match the coping or the water color? Thank you for you help!

Attachments

• blue gray tile.jpg
    blue gray tile.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 116
  • blue gray tile2 .jpg
    blue gray tile2 .jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 116
Maybe I can help you get more eyes on your thread/question. Colors are such a personal choice, its a hard question to answer. With a Roman shaped pool, I'm sure you want something not to crazy and eye popping. Perhaps posting a pic of your coping and anything else that's around the pool will help. Personally, I like the plaster/tile color combo you have picked.

That tile is gorgeous 😍. I like the white also but when I see white tile I like it with a lighter blue water. For the pebble you picked I think the darker is better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.