Waterfall kits - Yay's or Nay's?

dhogn

Jul 10, 2018
Miami, OK
I have an inground gunite pool.....approximately 12 years old. Still in good shape. I have a section that is already plumbed for a waterfall. My daughter is getting married at my house next year and I'm wanting to make the pool look nicer. I have a rustic house and prefer the rustic natural look of things. For the budget I've set ...... I was told by the rock mason I'm working with ..... that I might need to go with a waterfall kit as opposed to actual stone due to cost. I've looked at some online; and some of them look rather descent. Looking for reviews of whether these will look natural or fake. I saw one online called the "Maldives" that I like, and ordered a sample rock to see in person.... but it's still hard to wrap my "eyes" around whether the finished project will look natural or not. Thank you!

We had a "fake rock" waterfall at my previous house and it looked pretty good. But, it is really up to the painters to make it look natural.

Current hose has a waterfall made of really ugly natural rocks that I never run because so much water leaks behind the rocks and onto the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.