Water sw open - Rheem Heater

adl6009

Mar 19, 2015
Long Island, NY
I am suspicious the water pressure switch is going bad. The story: I installed a new vs pump this year, the 7 year old rheem heater worked fine for the first 2 months. I found a low speed that satisfied the heater and it ran fine at this low speed, 11 gpm. Last week I found the error message water sw open, kicked the flow to 15 gpm and it ran fine. Kicked back down to 11gpm and it shut down, water sw open message. Today I had it running at 15 gpm and got the error message. The heater would light, run for a minute, then shut down. It would repeat that process ending with a water sw open error. If I kick it up to higher flows it runs fine.
Is my water pressure switch going bad?
I looked at the heater manual and I read the adjustment procedure for the sensor should I try to reset it?
Thanks guys.

I don't know. I've been checking the pressure gauge when running at high rpm and still reads around where it started the season with fresh de. Normally I would have backwashed by now. I am new to the variable flow thing. I'll take a look at the whole setup tomorrow and make sure everything looks clean without any restrictions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.