Water Level

Is your pool closed? Pipes plugged? Equipment drained? You have a cover? What is in your skimmers?

I always keep it below the bottom lib of the skimmer box. I don’t want water in my skimmer box’s where it washes out the antifreeze that I put in there. I have a small pump that I use after I peel the cover back, plop that in and lower the water
a another 5 or 6 inches. I only do this dec and Jan Feb when we can get a hard freeze for a number of days. After that I just let it fill up.

For a plaster pool with a tile line it is important to keep the water below the tile line level to avoid freeze damage but I don't think there is any technical reason to lower the water level in a liner pool. I personally would keep it out of the skimmers as mentioned above.

We are approaching March with a mild winter in the Northeast. Chances of any hard freeze now is small. The water level can be left anywhere around the bottom of the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.