Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2020
NYC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How low can I drop the water level for closing? My lowest return is 18 inches from the top of the tile line. My play pool is not that deep. I think like 3' 10" in shallow and 4'10 in deep in end. Can I go 18" and go below the returns? We have wet falls and winters, so the water will definitely go up 4-6 inches before the year is out so it will go above the returns. In either case I will plug the returns.

Ive done it in the past above the returns, but wondering if life would be easier just dropping it under the returns. IT would make it very easy to bow out the lines and plug them. But I guess I won't know for sure if I have a water tight seal.

What type of pool cover are you using?

Many pool covers require the water level to be high enough for the pool cover to rest on the water.

What does your pool cover manufacturer recommend?

What type of pool cover are you using?

Many pool covers require the water level to be high enough for the pool cover to rest on the water.

What does your pool cover manufacturer recommend?
its a mesh cover. I don't know what type/brand it is. Let me take a look to see if it has any markings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.