Water leaks past my Jandy diverter valve

Aug 28, 2016
CT
Some background, I have been attempting to isolate an in-ground pool leak. I have ordered an air/water pressure test kit, waiting for its arrival. I have determined with the bucket test that I have a leak and a dye test that has shown one of the skimmers is pulling dye. But, I believe I have more than one leak, simply because I isolated the leaking skimmer, redid the bucket test and lost some water but definitely less. Why do I mention this? To do the bucket test I disabled the pump and closed all the Jandy valves to isolate the above ground plumbing from the below ground plumbing (basically take the pump/filter/heater, etc out of the equation). In doing so, on two occasions I noticed water was leak past the Jandy diverter. For example, the 2" drain from the filter has a Jandy valve that is closed, but its dripping out the pipe, ie. not the stem or body. I noticed a similar situation with a T that is stubbed with a 3-way Jandy, water is leaking past the diverter and up the T. So here's my questions. Will the Jandy diverter valves hold pressure under a water pressure test (doesn't seem like it would)? Is this a common problem with Jandy valves can it be repaired?

Any help appreciated.

You can pick up a rebuild kit for the valves. Open it up and inspect the diverter door, if the rubber ring that is attached to the diverter is damaged, you can get a new one of those as well.
Make sure to have some Magic lube on hand to rebuild those. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.