Ltaylor3

Jul 6, 2019
Goose Creek, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I lost a lot of water in my pool overnight and water is leaking around the lid of the pool pump. The black rubber ring did come loose on one of my many attempts to put the lid back on, but I placed it back into where it belongs. I don't see any cracks in the lid, but given the amount of water leaking, I wonder if it needs replacing. My pump is an extreme force above ground pool pump 1.5 hp, but that's all I really know. Are lids/seals universal? Does it sound like I should replace both parts?

I searched online for a specific replacement for this brand/model and I don't see one. Also, I will likely have to purchase whatever I need online and need it ASAP since it's hot and rainy and I don't want the pool to turn into a swamp while I wait. I see one on Amazon that says it works with different brands including mine, but I don't know how to be sure it's my specific one. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Post pics of your equipment pad and pool pump. And show us what the pump lid and O ring look like.

If the pump lid O ring looks good I would begin by putting a generous amount of Pool Lube on the O ring and see if that helps seal it.

To keep the pool from turning into a swamp just keep on pouring liquid chlorine into the pool and stirring it in with your pool brush until you get your pump running.

Take a pic of any labels on the pump.

@1poolman1 can you ID this pump and know what pump lid O ring it takes?

The labels are totally faded. I took this picture of the inside of the lid. I can say that when the o ring came loose, it was still in one piece and there were no obvious signs of a problem.

Attachments

• 20230804_124405.jpg
    20230804_124405.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.