Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
In the ongoing saga of my parent’s pool. They had their pump replaced about a year ago and sometime in the last few months, whenever they turn off their pump, about half of the spa water drains into the pool. Then when they turn the pump back on, the spa fills back up. I’m here for the weekend and want to try and help figure this out and maybe even fix it if it’s within my capabilities.

Look for the check valve on the spa line. Might be on a make up line or the actual spa return line. Post a picture of it.

P,

What you describe is the typical bad check valve on the Spa make-up line..

If you do not know where that is, show us some pics of the plumbing around the Return valve that sends the water back to the Spa or back to the Pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Here’s the setup. Is it as simple as taking the front of the valve off and replacing with a new one?AB750174-303F-4785-93E2-E699DD817A08.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D7DE797-C441-4E8E-9B01-5376E4C34AA2.jpeg
    1D7DE797-C441-4E8E-9B01-5376E4C34AA2.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 4
P,

I don't see a check valve.. :scratch:

Would normally be in one of the two pipes on the right going into the ground, after the Jandy valve with the black handle.. One of those two pipes goes to the spa.. It should have a check valve in that line somewhere...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hmmm, my dad said they redid some of the piping when they installed the new pump. Is there a place where I could install one or would I have to have someone run a new line?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.