water flow over infinity wall

Carguy211

Jan 26, 2020
Orlando Florida
Does anyone have knowledge about this??? I'm having pool built 37 x16 with last 8 ft of pool (so 8 x16) with 15" deep sunshelf. The sunshelf is the full width (16') of the pool and up against the infinity edge for that last 8 ft of infinity edge. The other 32' of infinity wall has a depth from 3ft to 6 ft. (((so, from right to left of 37 ft: 8 ft of 15 " sunshelf; then 3 or 3.5 shallow end of pool transitioning into 6 ft deep over remaining 32 ft of pool)).

Will the reduced depth ((15") over sunshelf reduce the flow noticably over the wall edge// versus the rest of the wall edge??

Should there be added piping for extra water supply on the side of the pool over the sunshelf?? I dont want to ruin the look of the infinity edge overflow.

Anyone ever hear of this or see this.

Bob

Bob,

Best to ask your pool builder, but my opinion is that water finds its own level and that the amount of water going over the edge will be the same whether the water is 10 feet down or 1 foot deep.

For sure, adding water to one "side" of the pool will make zero difference.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Does anyone have knowledge about this??? I'm having pool built 37 x16 with last 8 ft of pool (so 8 x16) with 15" deep sunshelf. The sunshelf is the full width (16') of the pool and up against the infinity edge for that last 8 ft of infinity edge. The other 32' of infinity wall has a depth from 3ft to 6 ft. (((so, from right to left of 37 ft: 8 ft of 15 " sunshelf; then 3 or 3.5 shallow end of pool transitioning into 6 ft deep over remaining 32 ft of pool)).

Will the reduced depth ((15") over sunshelf reduce the flow noticably over the wall edge// versus the rest of the wall edge??

Should there be added piping for extra water supply on the side of the pool over the sunshelf?? I dont want to ruin the look of the infinity edge overflow.

Anyone ever hear of this or see this.

Bob
Maybe, but look at a river with a large rock in it. The height of the water surface will be different over the boulder vs not over the boulder. I don't have the knowledge to calculate pressure, hydraulics, etc. but someone does. :)
Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.