Water feature low and air in filter

Hi all,
Please excuse my missing info in my signature as I’m having trouble using this app. Our pool is new as of may 2023. We had to empty it several weeks ago to repair some plaster color issues due to install issues. Here are our numbers today:
FC 3.5
PH 7.4
TA 90
CYA approaching 30 as we added some yesterday
CH 130
Do I need to add calcium?
Also I noticed some rust stains yesterday on top of spa spillover tile edge. A bunch of tiny marks all over the ceramic tile but nowhere else in the pool that I see. We do have lots of trees nearby that drop debris that stains. Is it that or something more sinister and can I clean it off? Thanksn

Yes, add calcium to at least 250ppm.

Sure, try and clean the stains off. Post pics of that spa spillover area and show us the problem.

Sure, try and clean the stains off. Post pics of that spa spillover area and show us the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    910.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    775.2 KB · Views: 7
Rub a paste of Vitamin C in a sock on those rust stains. If they are iron they will lift.

Otherwise try this...

full

Vitamin c didn’t do anything. I’m very irritated this evening. This is a pretty new pool and it was emptied last month to fix the plaster. Several things need addressing so maybe this is a manufacturing defect. I will let the manager know about this and try your cleaner. Thank you.

We have been adding calcium a bit at a time as recommended on the bag of product. The first addition made numbers go up 10 higher than anticipated. Yesterday we added the second bag plus a bag of cal hypo that we are using up because we use liquid chlorine. Between the cal hypo and calcium it should have gone up and it remained the same. What gives??

We have been adding calcium a bit at a time as recommended on the bag of product. The first addition made numbers go up 10 higher than anticipated. Yesterday we added the second bag plus a bag of cal hypo that we are using up because we use liquid chlorine. Between the cal hypo and calcium it should have gone up and it remained the same. What gives??

What products are you adding?

How much in each bag?

What do the ingredients say?

Give it a bit more time to dissolve and circulate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support