pensacola,fl
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Has anyone experienced with the dye for your pool water? My wife wants me to turn it to a deep blue. Just never have used any of it. What’s your thoughts? Any recommendations?

There are dyes designed for pools. They will not form any harmful compounds with chlorine but they will increase chlorine demand and the color fades fairly quickly. So you can certainly use them but expect some heavy chlorine use afterwards.

There are dyes designed for pools. They will not form any harmful compounds with chlorine but they will increase chlorine demand and the color fades fairly quickly. So you can certainly use them but expect some heavy chlorine use afterwards.

Thank you for your help. So I should expect to shock the pool after the party? Its a salt water pool so I doubt my generator will be able to keep up afterwards. Thanks again!

Dye or no dye, after a big swim party I always find raising the chlorine levels afterwards helps. No need to go crazy with the FC; 1/2 SLAM FC level for 24 hours should be more than sufficient. You could even target a 10% FC/CYA ratio before the party begins and that will help. The dye won't last as long but that’s not really a bad thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.