Water draining from spa every day

"Is this correct or do I need to go 90 degrees right so that the off is facing the heater pipe? I tried but was unable to go further right. If I try and lift the handle, then the handle comes off?"

YES. That is what I have been trying to tell you. Sorry if I lead you astray some how.

Lift that handle slighty, it has a bumper to stop you from turning it that way off/closed. Lift the handle over the bumper and face it towards the heater pipe. And the same with the other valve.

If you can not turn that valve freely back and forth while lifting slighty its clogged by a stick or something and that is the problem. I know for sure one of thos valves is bad, or clogged. I was just trying to teach you how to test if your spa body was leaking or not. My guess is that it is not. Plan on buying at least one jandy key assembly. If you ever manage to turn both those valves in the off/closed position you prolly will not lose any more spa water. Which means its one of those valves. If you cant turn that suction valve closed then its clogged by something. Open it and clear it out, Yes water will pour out on you from the spa on the return side. Maybe not so much from the suction side
Ok thanks. I tried earlier but was unable to turn it any further than the way I have it in the pic. I am unable to lift the lever as it will come off when I tried as for some reason it is not secured as the center button is missing.
There is a little red button on the side, not sure what that does. I will try again tomorrow. If I don't come right then I will open it up. This system was already here when we bought the house and it is a older system as you can see.
Thank you for all your help,
Gary

Look at the bottom of that handle. It has a stopper under it. You have to lift the handle just high enough to get that stopper over the blocker on the valve without pulling the handle off.

Ok thanks. I tried earlier but was unable to turn it any further than the way I have it in the pic. I am unable to lift the lever as it will come off when I tried as for some reason it is not secured as the center button is missing.
There is a little red button on the side, not sure what that does. I will try again tomorrow. If I don't come right then I will open it up. This system was already here when we bought the house and it is a older system as you can see.
Thank you for all your help,
Gary
I am unable to turn the lever any further. I tried everything, it does not go further. I will now an attempt to open the 3 way valve

I am unable to turn the lever any further. I tried everything, it does not go further. I will now an attempt to open the 3 way valve
Ok so i opened the 3 way valve. So it looked like the o-ring was off. I lubed everything, put the o-ring back and lubed the part that turns. Now I am able to turn the lever to the off position for the heater (as you wanted me to do). Now I have both 3 way valve in the right position for the test. I had turned off the power when I opened the valve. Do I need to turn the power back on to run the test or does it make no diff? Ok I have since turned the power back on. Spa level seems to be holding thus far but it is early days. I will update in 2 hours. I did open as well the 3 way valve on the suction side as well. I lubed and cleaned where I could. Nothing looked damaged or out of place?Thanks

Last edited:
Do I need to turn the power back on to run the test or does it make no diff? Thanks
Do not turn the power on with the valves set as you have them. They are only to test that the spa will not drain to the pool.

Sadly, it's not the o-ring fix. The spa is draining again. I'm not sure if it is the jandy valve on the suction side or the return side, but I guess my only hope to resolve this is just to install a new jandy valve kit. Oh well, I tried. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.