Water clarity-I am Baffled

Sadly- as u can tell - the pool store results vary . The cya test is one of the ones they get wrong most of the time.
If it were me w/ a 6k gallon algae filled portable pool & an underpowered, undersized filter (& i have been in your position) - I would drain, scrub & refill knowing exactly what is in my water so I could enjoy my pool in short order. Only adding 30ppm of cya after refill & 5ppm of liquid chlorine daily until u can properly test.
Liquid chlorine is over $4 a gallon & it will likely take a lot of liquid chlorine & time to clear the swamp. Most slams take at least a week. Water is much cheaper in that respect.
When u receive your kit you can do things properly from the start & enjoy your pool in the meantime.
ugh :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: So TOTALLY drain so bottom is dry????? Its really hard to get that last bit out. it will likely take about 2-3 days to do that, so by then test kit should be here. As for adding CYA, what product do I need to buy? I have liquid chlorine and muriatic acid.

Do u have a manual vac hose? If so u can start a siphon with it along with the drain plug draining- u can also do it with any spare hoses u have, weigh it down with something so it stays submerged. It should take a several hours. Just drain , scrub with diluted bleach water (especially any liner seams - get up in them) & try to rinse that out as best u can.
You need stabilizer/conditioner- it will say 100% Cyanuric Acid on the package
Here’s the one i get from Walmart. That should last u the rest of the season.
554EAB08-21F9-465A-870D-D2773AA62569.png

Reactions: Newdude
Its really hard to get that last bit out.
Don't go crazy. Those last few gallons will equate to a drop in the proverbial bucket once you are full again, and won't require much chlorine to treat it. Say you leave 2 inches out of 50 inches. You will need a 4% SLAM. Well. It's a full SLAM, but it will be easy peasy to overpower that 4%. (Or even less) (y)

Reactions: Tcadwall0
Pool water has been cloudy about 2 weeks now. I drained about 1/3 - 1/2 of the water to "start over" after nothing worked. I cleaned/vacuumed it prior to draining. The chemical levels are all back to normal now (per 3 different tests), cartridge filter is being cleaned daily, pump is running, I stir it up and get in and use the net. I tried the SuperBlue clarifier. So far nothing has worked, still cloudy. This is the 1st year this has has happened. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
I haven't read the entire thread so this may have been addressed, but clarifier made my pool super cloudy and let me tell you how big a pain it is to get rid of. It's a huge one! The easy way to tell get a jar of water from pool and look closely with a very bright light. If it's clarifier you will see it floating around in the water. It will cling to the sides of the jar up near the top. If it is, partial draining of the pool maybe more than once and then refill is only way to get rid of it.

Your pool is 4x’s the size of hers - don’t scare her 😂
^^^ :ROFLMAO:
pool almost drained. I will scrub it tomorrow and start to refill. Test kit should be here Friday or Saturday.
Someone mentioned adding chemicals by “ppm” til kit arrives and I have numbers. I suck a math so how do I figure out ppm??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pool almost drained. I will scrub it tomorrow and start to refill. Test kit should be here Friday or Saturday.
Someone mentioned adding chemicals by “ppm” til kit arrives and I have numbers. I suck a math so how do I figure out ppm??
You can just use pool math app. Enter your current (0) until your test kit comes and set the desired to the ppm

PoolMath
Your current fc is zero- target is 5ppm
Pour slowly in front of a return jet or the hose stream. Do this daily
Your current cya is zero- target is 30ppm
Add the prescribed amount to a sock 🧦, tie a knot in it, hang the sock infront of a running return jet not touching the pool wall (some people use their ladder) squeeze the sock to help dissolve the cya/stabilizer.
This is a one time addition.

PoolMath
Your current fc is zero- target is 5ppm
Pour slowly in front of a return jet or the hose stream. Do this daily
Your current cya is zero- target is 30ppm
Add the prescribed amount to a sock 🧦, tie a knot in it, hang the sock infront of a running return jet not touching the pool wall (some people use their ladder) squeeze the sock to help dissolve the cya/stabilizer.
This is a one time addition.
Pool drained, scrubbed, cleaned, rinsed, now filling.
I think IR STOOPID when it comes to math, are these numbers correct for adding chemicals when pool is full???

Attachments

• 1FFBC034-AC93-4594-B0B6-BE537FABCB4B.png
    1FFBC034-AC93-4594-B0B6-BE537FABCB4B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Mdragger88
Pool filled, pump running, chlorine added, sock hanging. waiting for test delivery. Now it's raining :rolleyes: I CAN DO THIS!!!!
You Got This Good Luck Today GIF by MOODMAN

Give the sock a squeeze every now & then

Yes doing that.
Test kit here (actually now I have 2 and cannot return the expensive Taylor K-2006c to Amazon :mad::mad:, anyone need a kit?).
Tonight and tomorrow am I do the OTCL test? After that, post results, do PoolMath and start SLAM?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.