Water clarity-I am Baffled

I think something is messed up. 8/3 fc was 7 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon, pH 7.8. I added liq chlorine per Pool Math. After that it rained a ton, so it added water to the pool. This morning FC is 14 :oops: how can that be? CYA is 35. Did not measure pH. What's going on?
There is also stuff in the pool as we had a huge amount of wind. Waiting on the adapter so I can vacuum today.
BTW I thank you Mdragger88 for your help and PATIENCE!!!!

Ok I thought FOR SURE this vacuum would work. I closed off the intake, unhooked that hose from the pump, hooked the vacuum hose directly to the intake on the pump, and turned it on. NO SUCTION!!!! The brush end of the hose is in the water and it is not sucking. Any ideas?
I do have a small pump that may work, it would just suck the water out onto the grass, and not thru the filter.

Ok I thought FOR SURE this vacuum would work. I closed off the intake, unhooked that hose from the pump, hooked the vacuum hose directly to the intake on the pump, and turned it on. NO SUCTION!!!! The brush end of the hose is in the water and it is not sucking. Any ideas?
I do have a small pump that may work, it would just suck the water out onto the grass, and not thru the filter.
Use it to siphon vac to waste - no pump needed like in the video I posted so u can bypass the easily clogged filter.

Ok after multiple tries w/ siphon vac I finally got it, definitely a trick to getting it started. fc 7.0 this morning with a little bit of stuff on the bottom. I’ll just keep at it, unless there is anything else that should be done. Water is clear.

Ok after multiple tries w/ siphon vac I finally got it, definitely a trick to getting it started. fc 7.0 this morning with a little bit of stuff on the bottom. I’ll just keep at it, unless there is anything else that should be done. Water is clear.
Great 😊
Just keep maintaining as I mentioned in this post 👇
Post in thread 'Water clarity-I am Baffled'
Water clarity-I am Baffled
If u are ever unsure if it’s dirt or algae
u can do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm or deny 👍🏻

my mom died, and the pool got totally neglected for about a week. No testing, chemicals added, nothing. I just could not fit it in. THere is some stuff on the bottom, otherwise its clear and not cloudy. I close/take it down in a few weeks, it it even worth it it to SLAM, add, test, etc if not much time left?

Heartfelt condolences for your loss. That sucks and there are no two ways about it. :(

With clear water it will be an easier SLAM and it won't look ugly the whole time like with a swamp. It's up to you of you want to limp along until you take it down, or hit it with a (hopefully) quick SLAM.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So sorry about your mom 😢!
Pools sometimes have to take a back seat.
& That’s ok.
You know how to get a handle on it now as u have been through training!
Add some liquid chlorine ASAP to get to target 🎯 fc levels for your cya or a scootch higher, vacuum, & do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
If u fail oclt —> proceed to slam
If u pass —> maintain regular target fc levels & carry on.
If it’s quite clear now- a slam, if necessary, probably won’t take long anyway.
In the future, if u must be away that’s where the floater with the trichlor pucks come in handy to feed your pool while u are gone.
You can always exchange a little water upon your return to get cya back in line if need be. The pucks aren’t evil, it’s just that their unfettered daily use can lead to problems.
U can use PoolMath effects of adding to see how each dissolved trichlor puck will effect your water so it’s not a surprise.
The 3” ones are about 8oz.
The 1” ones are about 3 oz.
Again, my condolences 💐😘

Thank you for the kind words ❤️ I am now a member of the Orphan Club💔

We also got a lot of rain. Today testing Fc 2, CYA 50.

Thinking about getting solar panels for next year, as I will be retired and will want to use it more. I will look at threads here for recommendations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.