Water Chemistry in Newly painted pool

I am a brand new member, with an 18,000 gallon in ground pool which is plaster on concrete with 3 coats of acrylic paint. I just refurbished the pool, re-pastered the bottom of the pool that had loose plaster, following the following procedure;
1). pumped the pool empty and removed debris, then pressure washed the dirt and algae.
2). wet down sections of the pool walls and bottom, then applied chlorine solution as directed.
3). washed down with pressure washer.
4). wet down sections of the walls and bottom, and applied a diluted wash of muriatic ands scrubbed with a stiff scrubbing broom
5). once dry, sanded the entire pool surfaces with 80 grit sandpaper with w reciprocation sander and washed off the dust.
6). on a 75oF day I replastered the pool bottom and left plenty of drying time.
7). Grinded of the calcite, deposits on the pool tile and washed down.
8).Following directions, primed and then painted 3 coats of hi grade acrylic paint, let to dry for a week and then refilled the pool with fresh water. Cannot get the chemistry right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,, after washing the pool with SLR soap and rinsing, I painted one coat of INSL-X Acrylic primer and after it had dried for 4 days ( at 80 o F the high ), I painted 2 coats of INSL-X Acrylic Swimming pool paint with again 4 days drying time with the same kind of weather. then waited 7 days before filling with fresh water. Thanks for the help.. Peter

Ok, which testkit are you using? Tell us these values from your *own* reliable test kit:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

How do you sanitize your pool water? Any other chemicals you add or have added since refilling?

Is this the first time you have painted the pool?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.