League City Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
First, thanks for all the help in my previous post about not maintaining FC in a new start up. I ended up adding a single dose of bleach to bring the pool to the proper shock level for my pools CYA, and that did the trick. The first shock attempt with a couple bags of powder shock didn’t get the FC high enough.

Here are my current numbers; I know PH is a tad high so I have added acid. If I understand the app correctly, this FC level is good for my CYA. I have my SWG at 70% for 11 hours a day.
44b2afef537d65535313d709760b31ff.png

That FC is fine for the CYA.

No idea on the SWCG setting as there is no signature with equipment data to see what FC is being added to the pool each day.

How did you measure a CH of 213?? What test kit are you using?

That FC is fine for the CYA.

No idea on the SWCG setting as there is no signature with equipment data to see what FC is being added to the pool each day.

How did you measure a CH of 213?? What test kit are you using?

The CH test was done yesterday at a supply store with an electronic tester. All the others I tested today with a FAsDPD Taylor kit.

Fair point about my equipment, I will update the signature. It is an AquaPure 1400 fwiw.

Can you do your own CH test? Up to you if you want to trust a pool store test.

You should add some calcium if you believe that test. See what your CSI is. Turn it on in your app. Go to settings.

- - - Updated - - -

The SWCG is adding a bit under 3 ppm based on your pool volume and run time/setting. That is normal for right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.