Patrickoleary

Apr 7, 2019
Greensburg,PA
Hi there. I have an M600. About 2 years old. Bough from Marina after learning about it from TFP.

The control panel doesn't work any longer, so I can't use bluetooth / wifi. Contacts Maytronics, they are sending a new one. It's been a month, and they said there would be a delay due to supply constraints. OK, I get it.

Yesterday, some how some way, the cord of the robot got tangled up in the tracks of the robot and cut itself. Maytronics says that I could take it to a local brick and mortar if I purchased there to be fixed. Or get it to their Downington, PA location. See pic attached. I contacted Marina, and no response yet.

Is this wire issue a big deal? I don't mess with electrical so I don't want it in the pool until fixed. We use our robot all the time, so we'd love to get it fixed quickly.

Is this typical warranty response? How do others that have purchased at Marina dealt with warranty claims?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
With marina they would have u ship the robot to maytronics who would replace the cord & ship it back to u.Not sure who would be on the hook for shipping.
if u are close to that other maytronics location I would take it there & have the cord replaced since that was offered (if its close to u)
It will likely take less time to get your robot back in service. Did they say if there would be a charge if u took it to the downington location?
* I would unplug the bot from the power supply immediately & remove it from service. It is low voltage but you don’t wanna fry any other components because of a short or something.

Reactions: Newdude
My pentair warrior se died a few months ago. I emailed Marina and never got a response, and couldn't get anyone on the phone when I called. I emailed Maytronics (I thought they produced my robot), but they told me that Pentair would handle my claim. I finally got in contact with Pentair and they sent me a new motor assembly free of charge and I replaced it myself. I emailed Marina again about possibly getting a Maytronics impeller motor to fix my original motor assembly, but they never responded again. My robot is only 1.5 years old and it was broken for over a month so I was disappointed with Marina when I tried to get warranty service and they wouldn't respond.

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
My pentair warrior se died a few months ago. I emailed Marina and never got a response, and couldn't get anyone on the phone when I called. I emailed Maytronics (I thought they produced my robot), but they told me that Pentair would handle my claim. I finally got in contact with Pentair and they sent me a new motor assembly free of charge and I replaced it myself. I emailed Marina again about possibly getting a Maytronics impeller motor to fix my original motor assembly, but they never responded again. My robot is only 1.5 years old and it was broken for over a month so I was disappointed with Marina when I tried to get warranty service and they wouldn't respond.
I've emailed Marina three times and also called and left a message which was never returned. I think TFP needs to stop recommending them to folks who come through here with questions. Service and responsiveness are no longer their forte.

Reactions: heckofagator
I think TFP needs to stop recommending them to folks who come through here with questions. Service and responsiveness are no longer their forte.
It's the state of the pool world. I lost count of how many calls and E-mails went unanswered when trying to buy equipment last year. Many at the 'good retailers'. They are all upside down right now dealing with frazzled customers waiting on backorders. My buddy called Marina the other day and got right through, likely at your expense.

It all comes down to luck these days, no matter who you call.

What we actually reccomend here is that once you are successful getting through to Marina Pools and Spas, they take great care of you. We never said it was easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.