Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Marengo/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have used Walmart’s Great Value brand bleach for the last three years with success. This year there was none to be found until May 1 and then the bottles are a smaller size and supposedly more concentrated. Change from 121 oz to 81 oz at 7.5%.
Trying to slam pool and 2 hours after adding 5 bottles (405 oz) FC is at 2.5. PH is 7.8

what’s up? Should I try other brand of bleach? Or just keep pouring it in?

went to walmart in my area today. not only did it change but is 2x more per oz (by concentration) then it was last year. No pool essentials available.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get reasonably priced bleach in greenville, sc? Our HD and Lowe's don't normally have anything fresh and they store it outside.

Check farm supply stores, hardware stores like Ace, etc. Call and ask if they have liquid shock / liquid chlorine for pools. :)

What is this floating on the surface?
FC dropped from 6-1.5 overnight.
Going out for different liquid chlorine today.

Attachments

• 86110C29-ED08-4F84-88B4-50A0C3A335C7.jpeg
    86110C29-ED08-4F84-88B4-50A0C3A335C7.jpeg
    581.8 KB · Views: 78
Cheapest I found was a local Woodman’s that had 4-packs of gallons of 12.5% at $10, so $2.50/gal. Farm and Fleet had pretty close to that price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed this as well. Now Walmart is completely out and what was once 3 gallons for $9 at Lowes and Home Depot is now 2 gallons for $8. I am also confused with the labeling. It is hard to tell the dates. Please see the pic.

Attachments

• 20200525_180832.jpg
    20200525_180832.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 29
Is this the bottle that you used? It was all they had at my Walmart as well, but don’t want to put it in if it isn’t safe. Bummer they stopped selling the cleaning bleach. It was a good backup. View attachment 143496

That’s what I used in our agp. Did not see the floaters Seen in the pictures. Our pool has been clear.

Reactions: jowenece
Bumping up this thread to see if anyone else has used the bleach in the picture without any residue in the pool. This was all I could find today between Lowe's and Walmart, so I got 4 bottles...
Ocean State Job Lot has liquid chlorine. About 30 mins away from you in Franklin Park, NJ. At least according to their web page.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.