Walmart bleach has changed

TerriP

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Marengo/IL
We have used Walmart’s Great Value brand bleach for the last three years with success. This year there was none to be found until May 1 and then the bottles are a smaller size and supposedly more concentrated. Change from 121 oz to 81 oz at 7.5%.
Trying to slam pool and 2 hours after adding 5 bottles (405 oz) FC is at 2.5. PH is 7.8

what’s up? Should I try other brand of bleach? Or just keep pouring it in?

lmartins6746

Jun 6, 2018
Simpsonville, SC
went to walmart in my area today. not only did it change but is 2x more per oz (by concentration) then it was last year. No pool essentials available.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get reasonably priced bleach in greenville, sc? Our HD and Lowe's don't normally have anything fresh and they store it outside.

jowenece

Dec 18, 2018
IN
Is this the bottle that you used? It was all they had at my Walmart as well, but don’t want to put it in if it isn’t safe. Bummer they stopped selling the cleaning bleach. It was a good backup. image.jpg

canjones

Aug 27, 2016
Duncanville, TX
I noticed this as well. Now Walmart is completely out and what was once 3 gallons for $9 at Lowes and Home Depot is now 2 gallons for $8. I am also confused with the labeling. It is hard to tell the dates. Please see the pic.

Attachments

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marietta Ga
I picture there are people with 350 rolls of TP and 24 gallons of bleach in their basement.
I had to clean my pool deck and nobody had liquid chlorine just expensive 7.5% bleach :(

Reactions: TerriP

joninnj

Bronze Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Lawrenceville, NJ
Bumping up this thread to see if anyone else has used the bleach in the picture without any residue in the pool. This was all I could find today between Lowe's and Walmart, so I got 4 bottles...

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Bumping up this thread to see if anyone else has used the bleach in the picture without any residue in the pool. This was all I could find today between Lowe's and Walmart, so I got 4 bottles...
Ocean State Job Lot has liquid chlorine. About 30 mins away from you in Franklin Park, NJ. At least according to their web page.