Walmart bleach has changed

joninnj

Bronze Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Lawrenceville, NJ
No urgency on needing more bleach as I have a SWG. Just use it to top off levels before a swim party, etc. But want to know if it is safe to use the Walmart bleach I bought today. (I did find hand sanitizer and Bounty paper towels!)

Turbo1Ton

Gold Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
NE Oklahoma
No urgency on needing more bleach as I have a SWG. Just use it to top off levels before a swim party, etc. But want to know if it is safe to use the Walmart bleach I bought today. (I did find hand sanitizer and Bounty paper towels!)

I used the 'concentrated' great value bleach several weeks ago when my SWCG was giving me fits reading low salt levels. I had no issues.

--Jeff

Crominator

Jul 23, 2018
Allentown, NJ
The Wal-Marts near me were out of the GV 6% bleach from early March until just a couple of weeks ago. No liquid pool shock to be had there either. I'd just about given up and had bought the infamous 3" tabs but realized I should check with the local pool stores to see what they might have. The local Leslie's has 12.5% liquid chlorine in cases of 4 gallon jugs. I have been running that for the last month, it helped me through my SLAM.